We've got a creative Mother's Day gift idea a new book and a personalized book mark. It's the perfect gift for a mom who loves to read. Check out our favorite book picks and our printable and you're on the way to giving mom the perfect day.
Related: DIY Mother's Day serving tray
Mother's Day Bookmark Printable
Print out these bookmarks on some heavy cardstock and set your kids to work coloring. Then present them to mom with a few new books for her to read AND some promised quiet time to enjoy them.
Favorite Books for Mother's Day
Of course mom is going to need some new reading material to go with that bookmark. Here are a few of my favorites from the past year of reading.
- Somebody's Daughter. Ashley C Ford's extraordinarily powerful memoir: the story of a childhood defined by the looming absence of her incarcerated father Get Somebody's Daughter on Amazon here. (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Broken (in the Best Possible Way). From #1 New York Times bestselling author Jenny Lawson comes her most personal book yet.As Jenny Lawson's hundreds of thousands of fans know, she suffers from depression. In Broken, she explores her experimental treatment of transcranial magnetic stimulation with brutal honesty. Get Broken here. (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- Untamed. In her most revealing and powerful memoir yet, the activist, speaker, bestselling author, and “patron saint of female empowerment” Glennon Doyle explores the joy and peace we discover when we stop striving to meet others’ expectations and start trusting the voice deep within us. Get Untamed. on Amazon here. (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
- That Summer: I love Jennifer Weiner's beach books, they are always just the thing to dive into while sunning. This summer's book is a meaty one as the author takes on sexual assault. Don't let the heavy subject matter scare you off, it's still crispy written with a story that has you hooked, and an ending that has plenty of hope. Get That Summer here. (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link)
A Better Foccacia Sandwich
We've got a great picnic recipe to share. With summer here, I love all the dining al fresco options. This yummy sandwich recipe ditches traditional fattening spreads in favor or protein-packed Greek yogurt for the perfect summer focaccia sandwich. Related: Plan your perfect ...read more
Plan Your Perfect Summer Picnic
Warm evenings, no school, and farmer's markets overflowing with in-seasons fruits and veggies makes summer the perfect time for a picnic. Throw together a simple salad, some leftover chicken and an ice-cold rosé to go with some of our favorite picnic accessories. I'm sharing our ...read more
4 Ways to Enjoy Lillet
Have you tried Lillet? I admit I was a Lillet newbie, but was intrigued by Mom Boss author and Momtrends CEO Nicole Feliciano's love of it and had to give it a try. So I've had the rough assignment of getting to know Lillet this last month and am sharing my four favorite ways to ...read more
Books of the Month
Let's say you've got a SUPER picky reader. You can give this mom a thoughtful gift she can choose for herself and watch her brag about you for months to come. Book of the month gifts start at $49.99 for three months.
Since we know you have a book lover, have you considered an Audible gift? Head to Amazon to gift Audible here. 3 months for $45.
Audible has saved me during COVID. I walked and listened to books as a form of self care. With this gift, Amazon will send your gift recipient an email on the day you choose along with redemption instructions, or allow you to print and give it directly based on the option you select. The gift recipient can start their Audible Premium Plus membership right away. Current Audible members will receive all credits from a redeemed gift membership at once. Their current plan will not be extended or interrupted.
- The Audible Plus Catalog: the all-you-can-listen catalog including thousands of audiobooks, podcasts, and originals
- 1 credit a month good for any title in the app to keep forever
- All the best audio entertainment, all in one free app
MORE MOTHER'S DAY INSPIRATION
- DIY Mother's Day gifts with Dove dark chocolate
- Craft corner Mothers Day banner card
- Mother's Day breakfast in bed
Save your favorite ideas to Pinterest. Be Sure to follow our Mother's Day board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.