I've been feeling as if I have the "winter blues" lately, so to brighten myself up, I started thinking tropical. Caribbean pineapples are in season from December through February and by sniffing the, err, "butt" (that's the end without the palms--the palm end is called the "crown"), I could tell it was perfectly ripe. That's when I came up with this Sparkling Pineapple Cup Cocktail Recipe and I think you'll love it.
Make a Pineapple Crown
To make your pineapple into a cup, you have to core it. If you don't have a corer, here's what you do:
- First, cut off the crown. (Save it for decoration, if you like, it looks super cute.)
- Then insert a knife cutting across the middle.
- Then cut again to make an "x". Make sure you don't go through to the bottom because then you'll have a hole and that's no fun. Use a spoon (I used a grapefruit spoon and it worked like magic) to collect the pineapple. Set aside.
Sparkling Pineapple Cup Cocktail Recipe
Now it's time to mix your cocktail.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
For this sparky brew, you'll need two:
- Two types of rum: A dark rum and a light rum—preferably a coconut rum—will work best
- grenadine syrup
- sparkling cider
- In a dry mixing glass, add ice cubes, 4oz of sparkling cider, 1 oz of dark rum and 2 oz of coconut rum.
- Add dashes of grenadine as you desire.
- Shake it out and strain into your pineapple cup.
- Definitely add a fun straw.
There you have it, a bit of the islands thanks to fresh pineapple. Enjoy!
MORE FAVORITE SUMMERY DRINKS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail recipes. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.
This was not a sponsored post. Opinions are our own.