I've been feeling as if I have the "winter blues" lately, so to brighten myself up, I started thinking tropical. Caribbean pineapples are in season from December through February and by sniffing the, err, "butt" (that's the end without the palms--the palm end is called the "crown"), I could tell it was perfectly ripe. That's when I came up with this Sparkling Pineapple Cup Cocktail Recipe and I think you'll love it.
Make a Pineapple Crown
To make your pineapple into a cup, you have to core it. If you don't have a corer, here's what you do:
- First, cut off the crown. (Save it for decoration, if you like, it looks super cute.)
- Then insert a knife cutting across the middle.
- Then cut again to make an "x". Make sure you don't go through to the bottom because then you'll have a hole and that's no fun. Use a spoon (I used a grapefruit spoon and it worked like magic) to collect the pineapple. Set aside.
Sparkling Pineapple Cup Cocktail Recipe
Now it's time to mix your cocktail.
Get Ready for Summer Tea Collection Sale
Even if we all have to stay local, summer is going strong. As you head to the pool or day camp you might have noticed your kids GREW during the past year. Just in time for summer, Tea Collection is rolling out a big deal on swimwear and graphic tees for kids. I've enlisted some ...read more
The Key to a Great Overnight Oat Recipe
Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to ...read more
Morning Sickness Relief with Sea-Band Mama
While pregnancy is this amazing and beautiful time in a women's life, it is also one that can wreak havoc on the body. From morning sickness to discomfort to cravings, the body that you once knew so well becomes this vessel for your baby. Of course, this is all worth it but ...read more
For this sparky brew, you'll need two:
- Two types of rum: A dark rum and a light rum—preferably a coconut rum—will work best
- grenadine syrup
- sparkling cider
- In a dry mixing glass, add ice cubes, 4oz of sparkling cider, 1 oz of dark rum and 2 oz of coconut rum.
- Add dashes of grenadine as you desire.
- Shake it out and strain into your pineapple cup.
- Definitely add a fun straw.
There you have it, a bit of the islands thanks to fresh pineapple. Enjoy!
MORE FAVORITE SUMMERY DRINKS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail recipes. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.
This was not a sponsored post. Opinions are our own.