I'm sharing this Ginger Lemonade recipe for anyone who wants to sip a booze-free drink. There's no need for moms who are skipping out on alcohol need to miss out on a tasty summer cocktail. Here's an easy recipe for sparkling ginger limeade mocktail that'll hit the spot on hot days.
Related: Baby shower mocktail
Whether your expecting or simply opting out of alcohol, this is recipe is full of flavor and doesn't feel like a compromise. It's flavorful, fun and festive.
Sparkling Ginger Limeade
- 4 Cups Sparkling Water
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice (about 5-6 limes)
- 1/2 Cup Superfine Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, finely grated/minced (or jarred minced ginger if you don't have fresh)
* Spike It: Use this recipe as the base for a cocktail by replacing the sparkling water with eight ounces of gin (makes 4 drinks). For an added touch, run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass and dip it in sugar.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
Sparkling Ginger Limeade Directions
- In a pitcher, whisk together all the ingredients until the sugar dissolves.
- Add lime slices for garnish.
- Serve over ice.
Recipe hack: * Ginger keeps for a long time in the freezer. Peel whatever fresh ginger is left and then freeze in a freezer bag or container. It's also very easy to grate when it's frozen.
Mixology Tips from Momtrends
- To get the most out of citrus, you'll want a juicer. It'll get all the liquid and none of the pits. Get it on Amazon here (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link).
- For mixing, I like this 10-piece mixology kit. Get it on Amazon here. (note: this is an Amazon Affiliate link).
No need to miss out on a fancy cocktail--the only thing not included is alcohol. How fresh is that!
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
- Adult Mocktails With Loads of Flavors of Fun
- What to Drink If You're Not Drinking
- Mocktails to ring in the new year
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.