Autumn has always been my favorite season for so many reasons. Something about the trees letting go of their leaves and giving themselves a time for peace and quiet resonates with me. It's time to remind ourselves to cozy up, drop our pace a bit and take things a bit more slowly, especially in the kitchen. It's time for our favorite slow cooker apple recipes.
Related: Apple picking season
I don't know about you, but as soon as the flip flops are away, my slow cooker is on heavy rotation. I know everyone is fawning all over pumpkin...everything, but I am reveling in the bevy of slow cooker apple recipes. If you want a long lasting "I just was burning my favorite candle" aroma, you must try our slow-cooker baked apple crisp. The aroma seems to seep into every nook and cranny.
There's a lot of life left in the apple picking season (freshly picked apples are to.die.for.) so we brought you our favorite slow cooker apple recipes.
First off you have to try this fool-proof chunky applesauce recipe. I adapted it from a Cooking Light recipe book a few years back.
Slow Cooker Chunky Applesauce Ingredients:
- 4 lbs Golden Delicious apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Lbs McIntosh apples, (skins on) cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 6 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1 teaspoon nutmeg
Slow Cooker Chunky Applesauce Directions
- Coat your slow cooker with a light spray (if it's non-stick like our Gourmia 11-in-1 Sous Vides & Multi-Cooker then no need).
- Combine all the ingredients and cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Stir to mash apples to desired consistency. (When I want to batch this and freeze it, I make the chunks smaller.) Sprinkle with this homemade topping for added wow.
Delicious warm or cold. It pairs extremely well with oatmeal for a fuel packed breakfast.
More Apple Recipes we love
- Apple Crisp. Of course, it is always necessary to have an easy (but looks like you spent all day in the kitchen) recipe for apple crisp. This one doesn't even need the companionship of vanilla ice cream...it can stand alone! Kristine's Kitchen's slow cooker apple crisp is a sure fire way to bring on the visitors.
- This hot apple cider brings about an aroma that I wish I could bottle and then bathe in. Life Made Sweeter brings us this hot apple cider recipe and she shares a few tricks for serving it hot or cold. If you're looking for an attractive and tasty boozy beverage, the Kitchn's recipe is an autumnal party must. It's spiked, it's mulled and it is divine.
- For a main course, apples add layers of flavor to chicken like in this Honey-Mustard Chicken and Apples recipe from Food Network. But our family favors Spiced Apple Pork Chops as a hearty, comfort food with a ton of flavor.
- For a soup that doubles as dinner (and is easy to make ahead and freeze) is Butternut Squash and Apple soup. I'll admit, I use my sister's Butternut Squash soup recipe but this recipe from Gimme Some Oven is pretty close. We always add more apples and use veggie stock instead of a milk base. (Hang tight because our slow cooker-anyone-can- make- it-homemade veggie stock is on its way!)
How are you using your bounty of picked apples? Share your favorite Slow Cooker Apple Recipe!
MORE SWEET TREAT IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Sweet Treats board here.
This is not a sponsored post.