As part of our special Food Month features, we're sharing some of our favorite finds. If you open my fridge, you're likely to find a selection of bottled green tea and I'm always stocked with tea bags to brew. But beyond sipping tea, there are more reason to love healthy and delicious green tea--it's also a great boost for your skin, body and home.
Related: Plan a green tea detox
Six Ways to Use Green Tea in Your Beauty Routine
Not only is the taste refreshing check out these green tea beauty and health tips:
- It can reduce puffy peepers: Stayed out too late last night? Soaking a cotton pad in green tea and placing it over eyes for 10 minutes can reduce the puffiness of tired eyes, making you look revitalized and refreshed.
- It can soothe skin: Spent a little too much time in the sun? Use the naturally calming properties of green tea to soothe sunburned skin. Place green tea in a spray bottle and mist on sunburned areas for all-natural relief. Because it has anti-bacterial qualities, green tea can also be used as an antiseptic to spray on skin blemishes or irritations.
- It's great for teeth: Green tea has fluoride in it, making it a superstar for keeping gums and teeth healthy. Green tea can even be used as a mouthwash to maintain breath.
- It can soothe sore throats: The anti-viral effects of green tea make it an excellent remedy to help prevent the effects of a cold or flu. In fact, you can gargle with green tea to soothe a sore throat.
- It's good for the bones: Naturally high in minerals, green tea aids in strong bone density, which is important for maintaining good posture.
- It's a room deodorizer: Green tea leaves have traditionally been used to naturally absorb odors in a room. Place tea leaves in a bowl to help absorb unpleasant odors or leave some in the fridge in place of baking soda.
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup with Parmesan and Prosciutto Toast
Nashville star Kimberly Williams-Paisley may play a drama queen on Nashville, but in real life she embraces moderation. Last week I sat down for a chat with Kimberly and got to nibble on dark chocolate while learning about the fine art of moderation. She shared a fall Creamy ...read more
MORE TEA LOVERS FEATURES FROM MOMTREDS
- 7 easy ways to facilitate gut health by drinking tea
- The most refreshing iced tea recipes
- Host a memorable autumn tea party
Use Pinterest to save your favorite articles. Be sure to follow our Tea Lovers board here.