Happy weekend friends! This summer Sunday is going to extra special (and delicious!), because July 15 is National Ice Cream Day. Of course, I think every steamy hot summer day is ice cream day, but who am I to argue with the calendar?! It's true that we have been known to hit the ice-cream on the daily--after all, that hustling driver has the best game in town parking just outside our camp exit! (Ugh) So I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to step up my game to celebrate National Ice Cream Day with this delightful, playful, and yummy recipe from RITZ and notable foodie Sam Ushiro of @Aww.Sam.
Related: Epic ice cream creations
Salty-and-Sweet Ice-Cream Sandwiches
Easy to make and picture perfect, these super simple and pretty-in-pink Strawberry Ice Cream RITZ-wiches make a perfect salty-sweet Sunday Funday snack.
Strawberry Ice Cream RITZ-wiches
Servings: Makes 12 servings
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
The Best Overnight French Toast Recipe
We've hit the winter lull--that lengthy stretch of season with no plans, no parties, nothing to do, and nowhere to go. I have to admit that at first, I welcomed the quiet obligation-free weekends of January. After the nonstop hustle-bustle pace of November and December, my family ...read more
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 12 oz. white melting chocolate
- Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lb. of fresh or frozen strawberries
- Ice Cream
Ice-Cream Sandwich Directions
- Blend strawberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk.
- Whip the heavy cream mixture on high until thick.
- Gently fold in the strawberries until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours.
To Assemble the Sandwich
- Spoon one small scoop of ice cream onto RITZ Cracker.
- Top off the sandwich with your second RITZ cracker and place in the freezer for about an hour or until ice cream hardens.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- Remove ice cream sandwiches from the freezer and dip half of each sandwich into the melted white chocolate and cover with sprinkles.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches back into the freezer until the white chocolate hardens and enjoy!
MORE SUMMER FUN FOR MOMS
- Twists on the ice cream sandwich
- 21 perfect summer cocktails
- Classic recipe for no-churn strawberry ice cream
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer fun board here.
This is not a sponsored post.