We once again find ourselves in the awkward limbo between Summer and Fall. I crave the fall flavors of pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. But, the reality is it is still 90 degrees outside.
Related: Whip up a strawberry dream Margarita
Why We Love the Pineapple Ginger Margarita
How do I get my seasonal fix with the heat?
Well, margaritas are also a terrific choice regardless of the time of year. To make this timeless classic a bit more seasonally appropriate, I added the spiciness of ginger to the mix.
A simple ginger syrup is all you need to elevate the cocktail to a superb Fall cocktail. TO balance the spicy flavor of the ginger I add a bit of pineapple juice for sweetness. Margaritas are already sour, so without something sweet sour and spicy are not the best pairing.
You can use a standard margarita mix and pineapple juice if you prefer. However, I find fresh juices really elevate a cocktail. Especially for a cookout or any get together where this is your signature cocktail.
Ready to give this Fall margarita a try?
Pineapple Ginger Margarita Ingredients
- 1.5 ounces Tequila
- 3/4 ounces Triple Sec
- 2 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 ounces Lime Juice
Ginger Syrup Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, roughly chopped
Ginger Syrup Directions
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remover from heat and let steep until cool.
- Strain and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
Pineapple Ginger Margarita Directions
- If you prefer, salt the rim of your cocktail glass.
- Add ice and set the glass aside.
- In a shaker combine the tequila, triple sec, pineapple juice, lime juice, and ginger syrup.
- Shake well and strain into your glass.
- Garnish with a slice of ginger and lime. Serve cold and enjoy immediately.
MORE FAVORITE SUMMERY DRINKS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail recipes. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.