Have you ever made your own ice cream? It's so easy to make, even without an ice cream maker! We recently made our own no-churn strawberry ice cream after a trip to a local pick-your-own strawberry patch. The best part of this ice cream recipe is that there are only three ingredients!
Related: Ice cream sandwiches with a twist
Let's Enjoy Some Ice Cream
Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? It's true and it couldn't be more fitting since it's our favorite dessert to cool off with in the hot summertime months! While vanilla ice cream is our favorite way to top off a warm piece of apple pie or to create a root beer float, strawberry ice cream is such a delicious way to combine our favorite fruit with the creamy goodness of ice cream.
Kids will love getting involved in the kitchen to whip up this delicious no churn strawberry ice cream!
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients
Makes: 1 quart of ice cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, room temperature
- 1lb fresh or frozen strawberries
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream Directions
- Freeze a loaf pan for a few hours before mixing the recipe.
- Mash strawberries in a bowl, reserving any juices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the whipping cream and condensed milk. Using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the mashed strawberries. Fold in a few whole strawberries, sliced.
- Pour the strawberry ice cream into the frozen loaf pan.
- Wrap with saran wrap and freeze for 4-5 hours for a softer texture or 5-6+ for a harder type of ice cream.
So what is your favorite ice cream flavor? How are you celebrating National Ice Cream Month?
MORE OF OUR FAVORITE STRAWBERRY RECIPES
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.