Are you a breakfast person? Yeah, neither am I. The thing is, I feel so much better when I get a healthy breakfast in. So, morning smoothies are my go-to. They're easy to throw together and don't overwhelm me the way a plate of bacon and eggs do. Skip the skillet and grab your blender, we've found the best morning smoothies to start your day with.
Why We Love Smoothies
I mean, don't get me wrong. I LOVE a good brunch. I will definitely tuck into that plate of bacon and eggs later in the day, but when I'm up at 6am getting the kids ready for school, a smoothie s about all I can handle.
Luckily there is no shortage of tasty morning smoothies out there. And since I know I'm not the only busy mama out there who struggles with getting herself breakfast in the morning, I thought I would share a few of my favorite morning smoothies with you. Because we all know, we're going to take care of our kids and make sure they're fed, but we can't forget to focus on ourselves too!
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman
If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Three Morning Smoothies to Try
- Pumpkin Smoothie...Can you think of a better fall smoothie than a pumpkin smoothie? If you're the kinda girl who anxiously awaits the Pumpkin Spice Latte's arrival, you're going to love this smoothie. And as tasty as it is, it's not loaded with sugar. It's so tasty in fact, our kids are fans too. When you can serve up a smoothie that the whole family is into, I'd call that a win!
- Sunrise Smoothie...Another fan favorite is this sunrise smoothie. Carrot juice lends another fall flavor and quick oats make this particular smoothie super filling. If I want to get my workout in after I drop the kids off at school, I have to fill my belly with something that will stick, yet not be too heavy. This smoothie fits the bill perfectly! As morning smoothies go, you can't go wrong with this one!
- Essential Oils Smoothie...Essential oils are all the rage these days, aren't they? If you're still a bit skeptical about them, I get it. I was too. But I have to say, that I have found them to be very useful for when I need to relax, or on the other side of the coin, need a burst of energy. So, why not throw some into a smoothie? Essential oil flavors like lemon, lavender and grapefruit all taste good and could give you some great benefits to start your day off right!
More Food Features For Your Family From Momtrends
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Now that you've seen a few of my favorite morning smoothies, check out our tips for how to have a happier school year. Because when the kiddos are happy, their mamas are happy!
We were not paid for this post.