Now that summer is well underway, I know many people are on the hunt for a simple summer cocktail to enjoy especially when entertaining friends and family for barbecues and impromptu summer gatherings,... or even casually sipping poolside.
Turning Wine into Slushies
Wine is one of my favorite spirits, and I am pretty sure that I am in good company when I say I love to sit back, relax, and unwind with a nice glass of wine.
My friends and I recently visited a winery in the Pocono, PA, area and they introduced us to a lovely and totally refreshing way to enjoy wine: wine slushies.
Almost immediately after returning home from the winery, I decided to experiment with making my own wine slushies, so I can cool off with an icy cocktail any time I want on a hot summer day.
Wine slushies are fun and easy to make! But first you need to start by choosing your favorite wine. I recommend selecting a light Pinot Grigio or a beautiful blush rosé as the star ingredient in your wine slushie. I chose to use peaches in my wine slushies, but feel free to pick your favorite fruit to incorporate.
Business Casual Outfits for Teen Summer Jobs
Summer internship season has arrived. I was on the phone with a friend this morning putting together ideas for her daughter. I decided to organize my little capsule wardrobe for you. These pieces can be worn for work and also make it to college or into a high school wardrobe. ...read more
Spring Skiing at Mount Bachelor, Oregon
No one told me it was possible to ski in a foot of fresh powder in May. Being part of the ski world has opened up many exciting travel opportunities for me. Heading to Bend, Oregon for a bit of spring skiing at Mount Bachelor was a completely unexpected delight, and it might just ...read more
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Wine Slushies Are The Perfect Simple Summer Cocktail
- Pour approximately a 1/4 cup of wine and frozen or fresh fruit to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the remainder of the bottle of wine (reserve a small amount of wine for later) and blend until it is all incorporated.
- Pour the blended mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen, place the cubes into the blender (generally a handful at a time, depending on how many slushies you are making).
- Add the small amount of wine that you reserved in order to make blending easier and blend until the mixture resembles a slushy consistency.
- Pour into wine glasses and add a straw, cocktail umbrella and a slice of fresh fruit to garnish (if desired), then sip and enjoy.
More Wine Lovers Fun for Moms
- How to turn wine into bubbly with this kitchen hack
- Affordable Trader Joe's wine
- Sparkling rosé summer sangria cocktail recipe
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Wine Time board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.