Now that summer is well underway, I know many people are on the hunt for a simple summer cocktail to enjoy especially when entertaining friends and family for barbecues and impromptu summer gatherings,... or even casually sipping poolside.
Turning Wine into Slushies
Wine is one of my favorite spirits, and I am pretty sure that I am in good company when I say I love to sit back, relax, and unwind with a nice glass of wine.
My friends and I recently visited a winery in the Pocono, PA, area and they introduced us to a lovely and totally refreshing way to enjoy wine: wine slushies.
Almost immediately after returning home from the winery, I decided to experiment with making my own wine slushies, so I can cool off with an icy cocktail any time I want on a hot summer day.
Wine slushies are fun and easy to make! But first you need to start by choosing your favorite wine. I recommend selecting a light Pinot Grigio or a beautiful blush rosé as the star ingredient in your wine slushie. I chose to use peaches in my wine slushies, but feel free to pick your favorite fruit to incorporate.
Simple and small facial steamer
Does your skin need a boost this winter? This little skincare device doesn't take up much space and delivers a natural way to enhance your skin. I love it for teens and tweens as well. This simple and small facial steamer makes a great gift for anyone who loves to do facials at ...read more
When is the Best time to Get a Teen Debit Card?
Raising kids to be money smart isn't easy. I want my girls to be savvy and independent, but I don't want to give them too much freedom all at once. I'm testing out the new Greenlight debit card as a way to transition them to becoming money savvy adults. Head to Greenlight here ...read more
Keep Your Hands and Feet Warm with Canada's Most Loved Handwarmers
For all the folks out there with cold hands and toes, I have a solution that is both effective and sustainable! And, of course, it comes from a mom. Aurora heat is a small brand out of the Northwest Territories of Canada. Using sustainably resourced beaver pelts, they have ...read more
Wine Slushies Are The Perfect Simple Summer Cocktail
- Pour approximately a 1/4 cup of wine and frozen or fresh fruit to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the remainder of the bottle of wine (reserve a small amount of wine for later) and blend until it is all incorporated.
- Pour the blended mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen, place the cubes into the blender (generally a handful at a time, depending on how many slushies you are making).
- Add the small amount of wine that you reserved in order to make blending easier and blend until the mixture resembles a slushy consistency.
- Pour into wine glasses and add a straw, cocktail umbrella and a slice of fresh fruit to garnish (if desired), then sip and enjoy.
More Wine Lovers Fun for Moms
- How to turn wine into bubbly with this kitchen hack
- Affordable Trader Joe's wine
- Sparkling rosé summer sangria cocktail recipe
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Wine Time board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.