Are you traveling this Labor Day? We love that there is still time to experience the best of the warm weather as we wind down and prepare for back-to-school. To help you prepare, we are sharing some great ways to enjoy this long weekend with some easy packing tips.
Six Easy Packing Tips for Labor Day
- Ditch the hardcover for an eReader/iPad. I sure love reading when I travel, but I don't love heavy books. Choose a iPad sleeve to safely store your electronic device. Then slip it into your purse for easy access on the plane or at the pool. This cute little case has clever inside organization.
- Skip the bag check. Every minute on a vacation is precious. By not checking your bags you’ll save both time and money. Try a Space Bag and vacuum seal your way to more space—you’ll uncover more room for shoes, a toiletries bag and hairdryer. We love this duffle from Sailor Bags that fits perfect in the overhead.
- Have the day bag ready. Preparing one bag with everything you need (for everyone) for the first day is helpful, especially if your hotel room isn’t ready upon arrival. Use a small tote for easy access to swimsuits, a light change of clothes, sunglasses and sun hats. The classic LL bean Boat & Tote is a perfect solution. Tip: it also makes a great hostess gift--be sure to add a monogram.
- Separate the wet and grimy. Wet and sandy swimsuits, towels and toys are often an unwelcome souvenir to bring home. Have a lined bag ready when you need to separate soiled or wet items –toss it right into the laundry room when you arrive home. For $9.99 you can't go wrong with this Bumpkin wet bag.
- Keep important items close. It’s easy to leave something behind during the hustle and bustle of travel. Keep all your really important items like boarding passes, identification, credit cards and hotel keys together in the wristlet – easy to put inside your purse or bring separately for quick trips outside the room. I like this little one from Scout.
- Do I really need this? Make a list of essential items and pack those first. Then take inventory of all the “extras” and ask yourself if you really need a particular item. Less is more when traveling. Tip: don't forget travel sized wipes and hand sanitizers. Keep a set of these with your travel bags.
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
More Labor Day Ideas From Momtrends
- Labor Day Nail Art Anchor Nails
- Strawberries and Cream Labor Day Shooters
- Three Easy Dips for Labor Day
Be sure to follow our Favorite Mom Bloggers board on Pinterest and save your favorite Momtends articles.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.