It's that time again, to make your New Year's resolutions. We all want to change things every year and are motivated to do so but by mid February those seem to fall by the way side. So, I have come up with a few sure fire ways to keep your track to accomplish those resolutions this year.
Six success tips for meeting your personal goals this year.
- Think small: Sure you are thinking, why not go big for the next year? Well for example if you want to lose 50 pounds in a year, set a lower weight each month and work on that. That way you don't overwhelm yourself. If your goal is to work out everyday that might not be possible time wise set it to 3 times a week for sure and if you have extra time go for it.
- Don't make the list too long: Think of the things that are most important to you. If you put too much on your list you will be worried about trying to fit them all in and you lose track of what the real goal is.
- Set goals that you can start at different times: For instance if you want to train for that marathon or be outside more with your kids then maybe spring would be a good time to start. You can start in the gym for that marathon but then move some of your exercising to the outdoors and make a list of the things you want to do with your kids. That leads to my next point...
- Write them down: Write them anywhere that will be a reminder to you of what you have set for yourself. Write them in multiple places if you have to, set an alarm on your phone or computer to pop up. Even tell your friends about what you are doing, they will be great encouragement and a good friendly reminder.
- Reward yourself: We all like to be rewarded for when we do something good or accomplish something. Don't take it too far by eating a whole bag of cookies or spending hundreds of dollars on a new outfit but a little reward now and then for keeping yourself on track will be something that will keep you going. Sure, if you keep it up all year and it's almost the end of the year, go out and have a party for yourself, buy those incredible shoes, amazing handbag, sexy dress or eat a big piece of cake. Do something just for you.
- Lastly, Don't worry if you slip up every once and awhile, we are all human and we all do it.
MORE MINDFUL FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
- How to practice creative mindfulness
- 5 Tips to Rein in Anxiety During Times of Uncertainty
- 8 Fresh Perspectives on stress and tips to manage it
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Here's What No One Tells You About Olive Oil
produce is at its absolute PEAK right now. It's the time to prepare fresh veggies and fruit with ease and simplicity. When it comes to cooking, the farmer's market is my muse. As I prepare some of my summer harvest favorites, I'm sharing a little secret, what you put ON the ...read more
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.