Skip to main content

Easter has always been one of my favorite holidays. The traditions, the flowers, the colors, the EGGS...It's all just so fun! And one of my family's favorite things to do for Easter is decorate eggs. No year is the same and the more creative our eggs are, the better. We've made traditional pastel eggs, neon brights and even fun printed eggs! And we've been known to get a wee bit competitive with our designs too. Bwah! 

Related: Easter Carrot Cake Cupcake Recipe

Since I know we're not the only family who loves to get festive with our Easter eggs, I'm going to share some Instagram worthy Easter egg decorating tips with you today! Spoiler alert...this year is ALL about the unicorn!

easter egg decorating ingredients

Easy Easter Egg Decorating Tricks

  • Stay on trend and look for the latest and greatest in unique egg decorating kits which take a fun spin on the long-standing Easter egg decorating tradition – this year PAAS launched the Unicorn Color Whip and Shimmering Pearl kits.
  • Make sure your eggs reflect your own personality and style with some cute extras. Just remember to use water-based marker and glue so the hard-cooked insides are still safe to eat after decorating. (Did you know, according to a recent PAAS survey, 79% of people eat the eggs after they’ve decorated them while the other 21% simply decorate and discard following the holiday.)
  • Sometimes old school is the way to go! If you’re making a traditional solid-color egg, gently drop the egg in the color cup and use your dipper to move it around so the color disperses evenly. The longer the egg is in the dye, the darker the color will be.
  • If you’re decorating with little ones, use PAAS Whiskers to help reduce mess. The easy-to-use plastic egg whisker keeps the egg secure during the dyeing process to avoid cracking the shell or splashing the dye. Photo attached of PAAS Whiskers in action.
  • Once your eggs come out of the dye, place them on a drying rack (any cookie cooling rack will do) with a paper towel underneath. While they dry, blot any excess dye with a paper towel to achieve even color.
  • Just have fun! At the end of the day, it’s less about the “likes” on social media and more about the family memories you’ll make while enjoying this fun tradition.
unicorn easter egg

Recommended Articles

Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride

Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride

Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 35 recipes that are easy to ...read more

How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman

How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman

If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more

Skip the Crowds and Take A Family Ski Trip to Waterville Valley

Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley

After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more

images via The Crafting Chicks

At the end of the day, while we'd all love that gorgeous Insta moment, it really is about having fun together. Sometimes those Pinterest fails are even more fun to make than the perfect Insta shots. Haha! But, that won't stop me from trying to make some perfect unicorn eggs for my Easter centerpiece. I just might do it without the kiddos. Bwah!

So, now that you know how to make your own Instagram worthy Easter eggs, check out our roundup of super sweet Easter treats, like tasty Easter themed candy bark, for some more Easter fun!

MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS

  1. Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
  2. Make an Easter Fairy Garden
  3. DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game

PIN IT!

Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our East Pinterest board here.

We were not paid for this post.

Related Articles