Summer break is almost here and the kids are ecstatic! But if you’re a mom, you’re likely thinking SURVIVAL! Many moms get overwhelmed at the thought of having the kids home all summer with the added pressure of juggling work, summer camps and schedules, and keeping the kids entertained and busy all summer long. I know I do. As a work-from home busy mama, I rely on some quiet time to get it all done... and tend to my own priorities!
Summertime means self-care for moms can easily get put on the back-burner, but Randi Zinn, Author of Going Beyond Mom- How to Activate Your Mind, Body & Business After Baby and Founder of Beyond Mom, says that self-care needs to be a top priority for moms during the intense summer months or they could risk their health and serious burn-out. So follow her top four tips to ensure your summer is fun for the kids and fruitful for you.
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
Four Ways to Take Time for Yourself This Summer
- Remember that a little goes a long way: often we don’t take the time because we think we need more than we can have. But a short walk, a five minute meditation, a 10 minute stretch session can literally change your mindset from deprived to fueled. Take what you can get!
- Get extra help. Why is it so hard to ask for a little extra help when we feel we need it? During the summer, we think we’re supposed to be easy breezy but sometimes we just need a break from our family and responsibilities- and that’s ok! Ask a mom friend or call a college kid home from break who’d love to relieve you for an hour or two.
- Be inspired by nature. Mother nature is alive and well. Surround yourself by her- take hikes, swim outside, pick flowers, plant a garden, and explore. All family activities but ones that you can benefit from too. Take deep breaths and absorb the goodness.
- Find gratitude in the moment. Using mindfulness techniques, slow yourself down enough to know that even if you have less time for yourself and more time with the kids that these moments are fleeting and before you know it, fall will be here. Find gratitude for the health of yourself and your kids, for the air you breathe and the sunshine on your face. Maybe this is the summer to start a little gratitude journal like this one.
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
- Tips for Working on Summer Self Care
- 3 Ways to Prioritize Self Care in 2021
- 3 reasons self care is so important for moms
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.
This is not a sponsored post.