Summer break is almost here and the kids are ecstatic! But if you’re a mom, you’re likely thinking SURVIVAL! Many moms get overwhelmed at the thought of having the kids home all summer with the added pressure of juggling work, summer camps and schedules, and keeping the kids entertained and busy all summer long. I know I do. As a work-from home busy mama, I rely on some quiet time to get it all done... and tend to my own priorities!
Summertime means self-care for moms can easily get put on the back-burner, but Randi Zinn, Author of Going Beyond Mom- How to Activate Your Mind, Body & Business After Baby and Founder of Beyond Mom, says that self-care needs to be a top priority for moms during the intense summer months or they could risk their health and serious burn-out. So follow her top four tips to ensure your summer is fun for the kids and fruitful for you.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Four Ways to Take Time for Yourself This Summer
- Remember that a little goes a long way: often we don’t take the time because we think we need more than we can have. But a short walk, a five minute meditation, a 10 minute stretch session can literally change your mindset from deprived to fueled. Take what you can get!
- Get extra help. Why is it so hard to ask for a little extra help when we feel we need it? During the summer, we think we’re supposed to be easy breezy but sometimes we just need a break from our family and responsibilities- and that’s ok! Ask a mom friend or call a college kid home from break who’d love to relieve you for an hour or two.
- Be inspired by nature. Mother nature is alive and well. Surround yourself by her- take hikes, swim outside, pick flowers, plant a garden, and explore. All family activities but ones that you can benefit from too. Take deep breaths and absorb the goodness.
- Find gratitude in the moment. Using mindfulness techniques, slow yourself down enough to know that even if you have less time for yourself and more time with the kids that these moments are fleeting and before you know it, fall will be here. Find gratitude for the health of yourself and your kids, for the air you breathe and the sunshine on your face. Maybe this is the summer to start a little gratitude journal like this one.
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
- Tips for Working on Summer Self Care
- 3 Ways to Prioritize Self Care in 2021
- 3 reasons self care is so important for moms
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.
This is not a sponsored post.