Has social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In, Instragram, Google) put a whole new twist on the pressure to look good in photos - never has our 'Face'? been more on display from people we went to grammar school with to colleagues to extended family. How can we put our best 'Face' out there? We've got tips from a pro on how to look your best in pictures.
Eight Tips to Make Your Next Facebook Photo Look Better
Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, world-renowned facial plastic surgeon and professor at Boston University School of Medicine, offers these tips to 'put your best face forward' in photos.
- Women should slightly look up towards the camera as it will make your eyes larger, and raise your eyebrows creating the attractive look of large eyes.
- Men should slightly protrude your chin. This creates a strong face and eliminates a double chin.
- For men and women, slightly lean your neck towards the camera.
- For Women - a minute before your photo, tap on your lips a few times (somewhat stronger than you'd think!). This will send blood to your lips making them redder and fuller - both considered very attractive. Similarly, you can pinch your cheeks a few times to get a little bit of a rosy glow.
- Stand at an angle to the camera. This creates a slimmer body profile, and adds some interest to the photograph. Also, try slightly lowering the shoulder towards the camera. This will relatively elongate your neck and slim it out.
- Blink just before the camera goes off. That is, if they are counting to three to shoot, blink deliberately on two. This will help guarantee that your eyes are not closed during the picture, and importantly, will get you with the most open and bright eyes - and remember, bright eyes are critical to looking good.
- Smile with your eyes! A fake smile is just your mouth. A true smile is when your whole face is laughing. Think about sending energy to your eyes or smiling with your eyes, and your beauty will shine into the photograph.
- Be relaxed. Think about relaxing your face and trying to convey that to the camera. And, consider botulinum toxin treatment (e.g. botox or dysport). They've been shown to not only relax wrinkles, but to actually improve your mood and help you to feel more relaxed and confident. That emotional change will show in your photos.
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
More Photo Tips from Momtrends
Use Pinterest to save your favorite Momtrends articles. Be sure to follow us here www.pinterest.com/momtrends
Momtrends was not paid for this post.