Has social media (Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In, Instragram, Google) put a whole new twist on the pressure to look good in photos - never has our 'Face'? been more on display from people we went to grammar school with to colleagues to extended family. How can we put our best 'Face' out there? We've got tips from a pro on how to look your best in pictures.
Eight Tips to Make Your Next Facebook Photo Look Better
Dr. Jeffrey Spiegel, world-renowned facial plastic surgeon and professor at Boston University School of Medicine, offers these tips to 'put your best face forward' in photos.
- Women should slightly look up towards the camera as it will make your eyes larger, and raise your eyebrows creating the attractive look of large eyes.
- Men should slightly protrude your chin. This creates a strong face and eliminates a double chin.
- For men and women, slightly lean your neck towards the camera.
- For Women - a minute before your photo, tap on your lips a few times (somewhat stronger than you'd think!). This will send blood to your lips making them redder and fuller - both considered very attractive. Similarly, you can pinch your cheeks a few times to get a little bit of a rosy glow.
- Stand at an angle to the camera. This creates a slimmer body profile, and adds some interest to the photograph. Also, try slightly lowering the shoulder towards the camera. This will relatively elongate your neck and slim it out.
- Blink just before the camera goes off. That is, if they are counting to three to shoot, blink deliberately on two. This will help guarantee that your eyes are not closed during the picture, and importantly, will get you with the most open and bright eyes - and remember, bright eyes are critical to looking good.
- Smile with your eyes! A fake smile is just your mouth. A true smile is when your whole face is laughing. Think about sending energy to your eyes or smiling with your eyes, and your beauty will shine into the photograph.
- Be relaxed. Think about relaxing your face and trying to convey that to the camera. And, consider botulinum toxin treatment (e.g. botox or dysport). They've been shown to not only relax wrinkles, but to actually improve your mood and help you to feel more relaxed and confident. That emotional change will show in your photos.
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
More Photo Tips from Momtrends
Use Pinterest to save your favorite Momtrends articles. Be sure to follow us here www.pinterest.com/momtrends
Momtrends was not paid for this post.