As temperatures rise, it can be harder to fall and stay asleep. It's not like in the fall when you have that perfect cross breeze keeping you cool and comfy under the covers. Sweltering heat and humidity and artificial AC air certainly don't help. But there are ways you can improve your sleep quality (and quantity) for a better, more restful night.
Six Tips for Getting to Sleep on Hot Nights
- Cover the windows. Closing the windows and curtains in your bedroom keeps out heat during the day–wait until sunset before you open them!
- Stay low. The closer you are to the ground, the colder the air. The colder the air, the better you'll sleep.
- Cotton is king. Always opt for pure cotton bedding and sleepwear for a cooler sleep; a loose t-shirt and shorts are the perfect combo...unless you like to sleep naked, then just go for it!
- Be a loner. There’s no time for cuddling during a hot night because body heat transfers. Avoid touching your partner while sleeping or opt for separate comforters (or beds).
- H2O. Hydrate throughout the day in preparation for a hot night to help your body regulate its temperature for a cooler sleep.
- If all else fails, turn to ice. Cold showers before bed are refreshing and cool you off. Keep a glass of ice next to you, and dab your wrists and neck to cool down.
How to Style a Blanket Coat for Fall
Jeans and boots have become a cornerstone of my fall wardrobe. I've been looking for a cozy way to update my fall outfits and it was as easy as adding a layer. Related: The coolest sunglasses for moms right now Cozy Up With a Blanket Coat When you have a go-to look, like so ...read more
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
MORE SELF CARE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Tools for self massage and self care
- Essentials to help you create an at home yoga sanctuary
- Online yoga options for stay at home workouts
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Tips courtesy of the popular alarm clock app, Sleep Cycle.