As temperatures rise, it can be harder to fall and stay asleep. It's not like in the fall when you have that perfect cross breeze keeping you cool and comfy under the covers. Sweltering heat and humidity and artificial AC air certainly don't help. But there are ways you can improve your sleep quality (and quantity) for a better, more restful night.
Six Tips for Getting to Sleep on Hot Nights
- Cover the windows. Closing the windows and curtains in your bedroom keeps out heat during the day–wait until sunset before you open them!
- Stay low. The closer you are to the ground, the colder the air. The colder the air, the better you'll sleep.
- Cotton is king. Always opt for pure cotton bedding and sleepwear for a cooler sleep; a loose t-shirt and shorts are the perfect combo...unless you like to sleep naked, then just go for it!
- Be a loner. There’s no time for cuddling during a hot night because body heat transfers. Avoid touching your partner while sleeping or opt for separate comforters (or beds).
- H2O. Hydrate throughout the day in preparation for a hot night to help your body regulate its temperature for a cooler sleep.
- If all else fails, turn to ice. Cold showers before bed are refreshing and cool you off. Keep a glass of ice next to you, and dab your wrists and neck to cool down.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
MORE SELF CARE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Tools for self massage and self care
- Essentials to help you create an at home yoga sanctuary
- Online yoga options for stay at home workouts
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.
This is not a sponsored post. Tips courtesy of the popular alarm clock app, Sleep Cycle.