As we send our kids off to school we can make sure we give them loads of practical advice AND that we set them up with the gear they need. When it comes to big kids, you know, college kids, dorm set ups are huge. One thing I know: they will get hungry. A great snack station set up can really save the day in a dorm room.
Dorm Room Snack Station Essentials
The gear you need to keep your college kids fueled for success on campus.
- Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker: We all know how important caffeine is for college students. This trim little device delivers coffee and doesn't take up much space. This set can hold up to 9 K-Cup pods. Our teens says: This would be great in the dorms for coffee lovers to make a quick and hot coffee Get the Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker on Amazon here. ($100). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Tumblers with straws and lids. This 8-pack of reusable tumblers is a great way to stop using plastic and make new friends. Share with your roomies and start an eco-friendly trend. I love the trendy colors too. Our teens says: Great way to take your favorite drinks in a safe on the go cute container Get the Tumbler Set on Amazon here. ($52.95) Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Portable Blender: This the go smoothie machine is a great breakfast solution and a smarter way to snack. Our teens says: Great if you're in a rush to get to class and want to have a healthy meal or snack that you can easily make on the go. Get you Portable Blender on Amazon here. ($39.99) Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- 3 tier rolling cart. Stack your nibbles neatly on this vertical storage solution. Comes in four colors. Our teens says: Would be great to organize my snacks or my school supplies. Get the Rolling Cart on Amazon here. ($43) Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Reusable Straws Metal with rubber tip: Many of us are HOOKED on straws, and we don't have to feel guilty. This clever set includes 5 stainless steel straws, 5 silicone elbows tips, 2 cleaning brushes and 1 carrying bag. Our teens says: These are the best in the dorms because they are easy to clean and go with any cup! Get the Reusable Straw set on Amazon here. ($8.49). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Mrs. Meyer's Kitchen Essentials Set: Keep everything clean and sanitary with these supplies that also smell great. Includes: Hand Soap, Dish Soap, and All Purpose Cleaner. I pick the Lemon Verbena scent. Get the Mrs. Meyer's Cleaning set on Amazon here. ($23.14). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Reusable food container. This set includes six pieces of storage that can be rinsed and cleaned to stash your favorite foods. They are dishwasher and microwave safe and come in six colors. Set includes: 2 Bags/2 Cups/2 Dishes; large bag. Our teens says: I would love to have these in my fridge to keep all of my produce fresh and easy to snack on! Get the Reusable Food Container set on Amazon here. ($32.99). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Brita water filter: Dorm water can taste funky. This helpful system will help keep your student hydrated. Our teens says: Would be great to have in any dorm room to keep the water that you get from your sink clean and cold. Get the Brita Filter on Amazon here. ($28.99) Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- NewAir Mini Fridge Beverage: This refrigerator and cooler holds up to 60 cans. Our teens says: I’d love this for my seltzers and yogurts for my dorm room Get the NewAir Mini Fridge on Amazon here. ($299) Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Reuseable paper towels: Made from 70% Wood Pulp + 30% Cotton, these kitchen dish towels absorb 20X their weight in water, last up to a year and are completely biodegradable. Perfect for wiping surfaces, washing dishes and mopping up spills. 5 pack. Get the Reusable Towel set on Amazon here. ($17.99). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
Spiked Apple Cider Pops
September in the South is, in my opinion, still summer. The eighties and nineties always prevail and make the traditional fall flavors that I crave so much slightly out of reach. As much as I want to relax and sip on some hot cider, at the moment, I still need something iced. ...read more
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? This new opened in January 2020, right before the big shutdown. The Park Hyatt hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to ...read more
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
More Stack Station Essentials
We couldn't send our teens off to school without a few more items we KNOW they need but that might not seem fun or colorful.
- Food storage containers: This kitchen organization and storage set includes 4 Medium air-tight Kitchen storage containers. Each one has a 1.7-liter capacity. Our teens says: Great for snacking in the dorms and keeps the food fresh. Get the Storage Container Set on Amazon here. ($39.75). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Refrigerator or Freezer Food Storage Bins: 10 x 6 x 3, set of 3. Our teens says: Great for organizing all my drinks, yogurts and other snacks in the fridge in my dorm room. Get the fridge storage bins on Amazon here. ($24.99). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
- Garbage Bags: 13 Gallon garbage bags (and maybe put these on subscription. 120 Count. Get the Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags on Amazon here. ($13.82). Note: This is an Amazon Affiliate post.
MORE HELP GETTING READY FOR COLLEGE
- What to do after the college acceptance letter arrives
- Teaching older kids to be self advocates
- 10 dorm move in tips
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Moms' guide to college board for more tips.