I saw a meme recently about how there are actually two extra seasons between summer and fall: fool's fall and second summer. It made me laugh.
We had our annual back-to-school barbecue on Friday and there was a chill in the air. It felt decisively like autumn--crisp and cool; it was plaid blanket, sweatshirt weather. But then today at the first soccer game of the season, we were all sweating our tails off in the blazing sun and heat. Second summer has arrived.
Don't get me wrong--I love each season for different reasons, but fall just squeaks its way to the top as a personal fave. There is so much wholesome family fun to be had in autumn; adventure awaits. Of course with school back in session and sports and extra curricular activities, it can be hard to find the time to do all these amazing things. That's why I try to make the most of our fall weekends together. Because, the season is fleeting... and winter comes fast. You've got to claim your actual fall and milk every moment.
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Women’s Ski World Cup Returns to Killington 2021
In our house, we celebrate the arrival of winter, and we love girls who ski fast! I'm so excited that World Cup skiing is returning to the East Coast. Killington 2021 Women’s Ski World Cup Tickets are on sale now. We attended the races two years ago and the experience was ...read more
Opening Days for Colorado Ski Resorts
Today I put the snow tires back on my SUV, and that means ski season is coming. In fact, I can see snow at the top of Lincoln Peak here in Sugarbush. And there's more news, out West, they are already open at A-Basin. Here's the scoop on openings as you start to plan your ski ...read more
Five fall family weekend adventures to make sure you schedule this season.
- Apple Picking. Pick all sorts of local varietals from Gala to McIntosh to Honey Crisp. Feast on seasonal treats like apple-cinnamon donuts and cider and get your fill of all-you-can eat red, yellow, and green apples.
- Pumpkin Adventures. Halloween is approaching. We'll be carving jack-o-lanterns and baking all the pumpkin treats; so, of course, we'll need a big loot of pumpkins--big and small. The kids love picking out their own.
- Foliage Peeping. Fall hikes are a family favorite around here. We love watching the transition of the leaves--from green to yellow to orange and red.
- Road Trip. I love a good family road trip. It's best in the fall when you can roll down the windows and enjoy the air and natural autumnal beauty around you.
- Beach Walk. Sure the beach is a summertime staple; but, I'll tell you a secret: it's even better in the fall. An autumn sunset stroll (or jog) along the shore can be revitalizing. Without the sun blazing down on you and the oppressive heat, you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the ocean.
Want more from Momtrends?
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fall & Halloween Funboard here.
This is not a sponsored post.