Shopping for a car as a couple is no easy task. You have to work together, share ideas, make budgets and plans, give and take, and negotiate to boot. With President's Week (one of the most popular car-buying weeks) approaching, we reached out to Jim Manelis from Chase Auto for his expert advice. Here's how he suggests avoiding the drama during car shopping and keep the “car-mance” alive during every step of the often arduous buying process.
Car Shopping For Couples
- Consider what your partner wants in a car when you go to buy and be ready to compromise. It’s like a wedding venue—you both have to love it, and the reality is that you’re going to have to find a middle-ground when it comes to what you both want. But don’t force a decision out of frustration, as this could ultimately backfire in the future and lead to even more tension in the relationship.
- Turn car shopping into date night. Makes the process less stressful by picking out a couple of dealerships and visit a different one each night over the course of a month. By pacing out your trips, you’ll avoid fatigue from a “marathon” of car shopping while making the process more fun for both of you.
- Eat before you go. You don’t want to be low on sugar and “hangry” while you’re trying to make a decision. When everyone is fed, happy and in good spirits, you might be surprised at how much more open you both will be—which will ultimately help you make the best decision.
- Go for a test drive together. If you’re buying the car, both people should test drive it regardless of whose car it will be. This will help both parties remain equal in the decision-making process.
- Once you’ve both decided on a car, celebrate your new “car-mance” with a car date. Get in your car and be adventurous: create your own drive-in movie theatre, camp out for a picnic or show off your constellation skills while gazing at the stars—all from the comfort of your car.
Japan Adventure Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko
Are you ready for an international ski adventure with your family? The hotel is located 2 hours northeast of the New Chitose airport in the northern island of Hokkaido. We arrived via flight from Tokyo to the Park Hyatt Hotel Niseko and had five days of mountain adventures. I ...read more
Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail
If there is a time of year that I consider "my season," it is surely fall! I love everything about autumn from the crisp air to the brilliant colors of the foliage. The mountain landscape by far is my favorite. Whether I'm in the Rockies or the Appalachians, the mountains are ...read more
Make a Fall Leaf Menu for the Holidays
I'd rather throw a party than crawl under the covers. Are you with me fellow hostesses? Let's talk about harvest season. It's a favorite time to entertain. To celebrate the season, try this fall leaf menu craft. It's perfect for Thanksgiving or just for fun. We have this amazing ...read more
MORE CAR FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite Momtrends features. Be sure to follow our Momtrends Board here.
This is not a sponsored post.