With the holidays fast approaching, now is the time to start planning that holiday card. Even if you don’t have a professional photographer, you too can create the best holiday photo card that will wow your family and friends.
We just ordered our Holiday Cards from Minted. I can't wait to get our personalized photo postcard. Here's a sneak peek. Order yours at Minted today for the best prices.
Enjoy 15% off holiday cards with code JOYFUL19 at Minted
How to Create the Best Holiday Photo Card
1. Magic Time. If you have grade-school kids, be prepared to get in and get out. Kids typically can sit and participate for about 20 minutes. But with a game plan, you can utilize those 20 minutes efficiently.
2. Get Lit. Make sure the background is properly lit. With cameras these days, you can review a photo before you go ahead and print it to ensure everyone’s faces forward and clearly visible.
3. Skip The Props – if you are having more than eight people in the frame, skip the props and instead focus on your location. You don’t need any extras like bales of hay or a gigantic Christmas tree taking up precious restate. Think simple and clean, regardless of how many people are in the photo. This applies to everything, clothing, background, poses, etc.
4. Smartphone – if you don’t have a fancy camera, or know someone who does, don’t worry. Today’s smart phones are equipped with a great camera. The key to making the photo professional are three simple tips. First, have someone else snap the photo. You don’t want your holiday photo to be a selfie. Second, capture the photo both horizontal and vertical, making sure that the legs and head are not chopped off. That way when it comes time to choosing the card layout, you have some options. Third, have fun with the filters. Your phone comes with several color options and lighting, play around with it, but don’t choose more than two different filters to prevent the photo looking over-processed.
5. Have fun – with today’s busy life, treasure the moment that your family is all together and you’re spending some quality time capturing a great moment. Reflect on the past year, your family’s accomplishment, and don’t forget to say “cheese.”
Using Minted to Help with Holiday Cards
Try Minted’s free card styling service, Text Your Photo. Text your photo to 415-915-CARD (2273), and a Minted stylist will text you back five holiday card designs, selected especially for and styled with your photo—for FREE.
More From Momtrends for the Holidays
This How to Create the Best Holiday Photo Card feature is not sponsored. There are affiliate links in this post.