Summer is the time of year when parents do not have to worry about packing lunches, assisting with homework or running from one school activity to the next. This summer will be unlike any other before, even though we can't gather in large groups, but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate the weather.
Ways to Plan a Festive Summer Party
Planning a festive summer gathering is also on the wish list because it is the perfect time of year to celebrate as a family and enjoy a break from the rigorous school year routine. Summer days should be filled with pool parties, summer BBQ's, and plans to hit the beach. We know plans have changes, but if you can celebrate safely, we want you to make the most of the long days.
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
Save Money at a Ski Swap
Are the slopes in your future? If you want to save money on ski gear, consider a ski swap. A swap is a great way to buy and sell used equipment. Most swaps consist of a variety of gear, from brand new to used skis and snowboards to skis; from poles to boots to bindings and ...read more
Five Ideas to Make Your Summer Events More Festive
Here are a few tips when hosting an impromptu summer party without a lot of fuss:
- Create a fun, signature drink. Maybe you love mojitos, martinis or sangria. You can find inspiration on Pinterest to seek out that perfect summer cocktail mix. There are some fun recipes you can try yourself and there are fabulous ideas to create a DIY glass to present to your guests. This Red, White, and Bubbly drink would be a hit at any party! It can easily be made non-alcoholic for kids and teens. Serve it up in these festive mason jars with lids and straws.
- Decorate your yard or deck. Since our favorite restaurants are in a state of flux, we have to get creative. That means making our own outdoor spaces more festive and fun. Start with a banner like the ones we found on Etsy. Don't forget the festive lights. These LED string lights will make your outdoor area feel like an intimate bistro.
- Add a game. Before or after dinner, get the family moving with a fun outdoor game. Two of our favorites include corn hole and ladder toss. These are both great for ages 5 and up. Check out www.5minutesformom.com for more family-friendly games.
- Show and outdoor movie. We love the classics, like Jurassic Park and any of the Harry Potter movies. To make them even more special, set up an outdoor movie theater with this Epson Home Cinema 1060 projector. This portable device delivers larger-than-life Full HD entertainment at home. Get widescreen images up to 300" — up to 25x larger than a 60" flat panel — in 1080p. Get yours on Amazon here.
- Tent it. If you throw a daytime party for the family, create some cool shade with this awesome tent. This foldable, lightweight tent can be used at the beach, pool or simply in your backyard. It weighs only 1.2 kg, and is big enough for two adults and two children. In addition, the cotton canvas features a UV filter. Get your Fat Boy Miasun tent here.
MORE SUMMER FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- 21 perfect summer cocktails
- Must try grilled salmon recipes
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer fun board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.