Summer is the time of year when parents do not have to worry about packing lunches, assisting with homework or running from one school activity to the next. This summer will be unlike any other before, even though we can't gather in large groups, but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate the weather.
Ways to Plan a Festive Summer Party
Planning a festive summer gathering is also on the wish list because it is the perfect time of year to celebrate as a family and enjoy a break from the rigorous school year routine. Summer days should be filled with pool parties, summer BBQ's, and plans to hit the beach. We know plans have changes, but if you can celebrate safely, we want you to make the most of the long days.
Boozy Hazelnut Coffee Cocktail
Another week, another cocktail recipe, girls. Last week, I must confess, I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry bourbon smash cocktail. With family in town for my son's 4th birthday, there were reasons to celebrate. This fall we've switched it up to a warming cocktail a Boozy ...read more
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
Five Ideas to Make Your Summer Events More Festive
Here are a few tips when hosting an impromptu summer party without a lot of fuss:
- Create a fun, signature drink. Maybe you love mojitos, martinis or sangria. You can find inspiration on Pinterest to seek out that perfect summer cocktail mix. There are some fun recipes you can try yourself and there are fabulous ideas to create a DIY glass to present to your guests. This Red, White, and Bubbly drink would be a hit at any party! It can easily be made non-alcoholic for kids and teens. Serve it up in these festive mason jars with lids and straws.
- Decorate your yard or deck. Since our favorite restaurants are in a state of flux, we have to get creative. That means making our own outdoor spaces more festive and fun. Start with a banner like the ones we found on Etsy. Don't forget the festive lights. These LED string lights will make your outdoor area feel like an intimate bistro.
- Add a game. Before or after dinner, get the family moving with a fun outdoor game. Two of our favorites include corn hole and ladder toss. These are both great for ages 5 and up. Check out www.5minutesformom.com for more family-friendly games.
- Show and outdoor movie. We love the classics, like Jurassic Park and any of the Harry Potter movies. To make them even more special, set up an outdoor movie theater with this Epson Home Cinema 1060 projector. This portable device delivers larger-than-life Full HD entertainment at home. Get widescreen images up to 300" — up to 25x larger than a 60" flat panel — in 1080p. Get yours on Amazon here.
- Tent it. If you throw a daytime party for the family, create some cool shade with this awesome tent. This foldable, lightweight tent can be used at the beach, pool or simply in your backyard. It weighs only 1.2 kg, and is big enough for two adults and two children. In addition, the cotton canvas features a UV filter. Get your Fat Boy Miasun tent here.
MORE SUMMER FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- 21 perfect summer cocktails
- Must try grilled salmon recipes
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer fun board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.