I love fashion as much as the next Momtrends gal, but there's one not-so-stylish piece of apparel that I have a great affinity for: the ugly Christmas sweater.
There's something so freeing about donning a crazy, over-the-top, bedazzled, clashing, obnoxiously awesome and totally cozy top that screams holiday happiness and pride.
... Or not. This year, I opted for a Grinchy-green 'ugly' sweater. It's more ugly-cute than traditionally ugly--which means I've been able to wear it more throughout the season. (Win!)
We host or attend an ugly sweater holiday party the week between Christmas and New Year's (it keeps the festivities going during the mid-holiday lull). And, this year, I'm excited to debut my Grinch sweater and share a few fun and festively quirky ugly sweater finds.
Want to host your own affair? It's super easy to throw together a last-minute ugly-sweater shindig with friends and family... and it's a perfect excuse for a post-Christmas, pre-New Year's get-together.
1. Pick a Sweater - Go big or go home... or opt for the subtle route. Like I said, this year, I went subtle. But I fully respect and bow down to those who go all out. Last year, the husband and I wore a two-headed his and hers sweater! But there are other, less intrusive, options like light-up sweaters, hysterical fidget spinner-adorned sweaters, 3D stuffed animal sweaters, and sweaters that incorporate your phone's screen! (Charge up.) I'm loving all the incredible options on Uglychristmassweater.com. And, of course, if you opt to go subtle, you can always accessorize with ugly sweater socks and light-up hats!
Amazing Breastfeeding Accessories for Mom
As a breastfeeding mama I'm always on the lookout for stylish and functional accessories. Chewbeads and NuRoo offer moms products that pull double duty! Add an extra layer of style while also keeping it functional with Chewbeads necklaces and NuRoo nursing scarves. Both of ...read more
Gender Neutral Nursery Color Schemes
Your family is about to bring a new person into the world, and you want to share a bright, open and welcoming world with your little one. Leave the stereotypes and generalizations behind and let your child enjoy a warm, loving nursery decorated thoughtfully by you and your ...read more
Create a Farm Themed Gender Neutral Nursery
The farmhouse chic trend is taking over nursery design and we couldn't be more thrilled. I'm over the overtly showy rooms filled with glitz and glam. This return to sweetness and simplicity feels just right. One of our favorite homewares shop, West Elm, has created the ultimate ...read more
2. Dress Your Drinks - Bedazzle your glasses and mugs with unique knit covers (a great alternative to wine charms! And, of course, if you're a guest bring a bottle of wine decked out in a charming ugly sweater cover.
3. Bake It Till You Make It - I found this super-cute ugly-sweater cookie kit at my local CVS Pharmacy. It came with cookie mix, sweater-shaped cutter, red and green icing mixes, and candy decorations. If you're hosting, bake a big batch of these ugly-enough-to-eat treats (ha!), and have your guests each decorate their own.
4. Wine, Dine, and Color - I found ugly-sweater coloring books for less than $3... and I bought 12 as gifts for my guests!
5. Make it a Family Affair - You can throw a mini ugly sweater party with your minis too! There are lots of adorable options for the kiddos... and they'll be more than happy to keep the Christmas celebration going long past Dec. 25.
This is not a sponsored post.