The Royal Wedding is May 19 and we know people all over the globe will be watching what will prove to be a spectacular event. The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle begins at 7:00 AM EDT at St. George's Chapel of Windsor Castle. We are gearing up for the big day in our own way and have our fascinators ready. For those eyes that haven't caught this trend that is currently popping up all over, a fascinator is a light, decorative headpiece consisting of feathers, flowers, beads, bows, etc., attached to a comb or hair clip, or headband. Did you catch our DIY? There's still time to create yours before the big day.
It's not every day that we get to peek into the lives of Royalty and we will be setting our alarms and tuning in (or at least setting our DVR) and thought it would be fun to throw a Royal Wedding inspired viewing party. We've rounded up a few fun and easy ideas to watch the union like, well, royalty!
1. Princess Tea: Any day is the perfect day to dress like a princess, no? Think fascinators, DIY crowns, pearl bead necklaces, finger sandwiches (I found THIS crown cookie cutter at Bed Bath & Beyond), and how sweet are these rose bud napkins from Clean and Scentsible? The Brooklyn Farm Girl has plenty of tea party ideas that can transform your living room into the perfect viewing soiree.
2. The Purple Pumpkin Blog has a host of British inspired party ideas that are perfect for the special occasion including free printables!
3. English Garden Party: The Daily Meal gives us tips on throwing a proper English garden party, complete with a how-to for the traditional British beverage, a Pimm's Cups cocktail. We say, take the garden party indoors!
4. High Tea Party: We hosted a high tea for a friend's bridal shower and it was a sophisticated and classic way to throw a party. Check out BBC Good Food for more how-to, including yummy finger sandwich recipes, decor tips and even a "must-have" scone recipe.
5. Town and Country Magazine had several fun and creative ideas to make your viewing party festive and on trend. You can even set up a DIY fascinator making station to get party-goers dressed for the occasion.
Enjoy your viewing parties and don't forget to don your fabulous fascinators!
This is not a sponsored post.