I'm not Irish... except on St. Patrick's Day.
I love me a holiday that emphasizes food and beer--and St. Paddy's Day definitely goes heavy on the stouts and stews. So I'm happy to oblige.
My mom makes a mean corned beef and cabbage, and it's probably my favorite meal of the entire year, reserved for this festive March occasion. I get a loaf of bakery rye bread and eat leftovers for days.
Whether you love CB and C or want to shake things up at the dinner table, I've rounded up a few mouthwatering twists on traditional Irish meals for your St. Patrick's Day dinner. Enjoy!
6 Hearty and Delicious St. Paddy's Day Meals
1. Corned Beef and Cabbage Chowder via The Foodie Affair for a cold day this hearty dish is perfect.
2. Classic reuben Twist via Parade this cheesy dish is filling and will make your whole house smell amazing.
How to Create a Build Your Own Burger Bar
A burger bar is a fun way to keep your BBQ simple and to turn dinner into a casual party. Giving your family or guests lots of options for toppings and condiments keeps everyone happy. Now that more and more families are staying in, this is the type of meal that feels special. ...read more
7 Tips to Prioritize Your Family's Eye Health
We've all had lots of things on our individual and collective plates. But keeping up with routine doctor's appointments? Well, that's one priority that many of us have bumped to the back burner in light of more pressing circumstances. But, regardless of the ongoing pandemic and ...read more
Caring for Kid's Glasses Tune-Up Tips and Tricks
Wearing glasses makes life just a little more complicated and inconvenient for young children. My daughter has been wearing glasses since she was two (amblyopia and strabismus) and I feel like I've spent a gajillion dollars on frames and lenses. I've learned a lot along the way ...read more
3. Traditional Slow-Cooked Corn Beef and Cabbage via The Cookie rookie this update on a classic is flavorful and rich.
4. Reuben Loaf via Me and My Insanity if you love grilled cheese, you'll adore this one.
5. Irish Beer Soup via A Spicy Perspective this one might be our favorite. The bread bowl is so festive.
6. Reuben Nachos via Jess Fuel if you are making a brunch this recipe will be ideal.
We hope one of these inspiring dishes helps you celebrate St. Patrick's Day with something warm and flavorful.
MORE ST. PATRICK'S DAY FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite crafts, menus and parties for St. Patrick's Day here on the Momtrends St. Patrick's Day Board.
This is not a sponsored post.