Did you know that February is American Heart Month? To focus on heart health this month, we are excited to share some tips from Dr. Steve Feyrer-Melk of The Optimal Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Center in Scottsdale about how you give your heart a boost this February and stay healthy year-round. I've put together a list of ways to make your health a priority this month for you and your family.
8 Heart Health Tips for Moms
Check out this list of actionable items. Some are easier than others, but it's a start. Baby steps are everything.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
- Have some candy, well, actually have dark chocolate. Seven to 10 grams per day is what's recommended and the darker the better.
- Eat fish twice a week to get the right dose of Omega- 3 fatty acids. There's nothing fishy about the studies that prove these fatty acids decrease abnormal heartbeats and triglyceride levels.
- Have some cumin the spice is linked to lowering cholesterol health and weight loss.
- Relax and give yourself a break to help decrease stress. Take a moment to take deeps breaths...in through the nose, out through the mouth.
- Use an activity monitor to see just how much you move each day.
- Cut down on the sugars, as this can have a significant impact on your health in general and lead to better heart health.
- Exercise and get off your couch. Fitness is probably the best move you can make for your heart as it lowers blood pressure and strengthens your heart.
- Take your heart health seriously! While blowing a valve or springing an oil leak on your car can be expensive, it can be fixed. Having a similar problem in your heart could cause it to be totaled.
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
- How to Instantly Change the Mood at Home
- 5 Tips to Rein in Anxiety During Times of Uncertainty
- 8 Fresh Perspectives on Stress and Tips to Manage it
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.