No doubt about it -- this Halloween is, um, different. We're all trying to navigate the rules of celebrating the holiday mid-pandemic, whilst also making it special and fun and wicked exciting for our normalcy-deprived children.
Regardless of whether you'll be doing the traditional trick or treating route, boo-ing friends at their doorstep, or staying home and watching scary movies as a family, you can mark the creepy occasion with a meal that's satisfying and spooky (and hopefully loaded with protein, so you can feel a little less guilty about letting your kids gorge on candy.) Here is a fun and delicious idea for a devilishly good Halloween dinner.
Leaking Jack-o-Lantern Brains
Ingredients You'll need:
- Orange bell peppers (but you can use any color; my kids prefer red peppers!)
- Spaghetti (pick your favorite brand)
- Sauce (can be jarred; I like to whip up a quick bolognese for protein factor, but no judgements from us if you work from a jar)
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Leaking Jack-o-Lantern Spaghetti Brains Directions
- Carve your bell peppers just like you would a Jack-o-Lantern. Using a knife, carve out eyes and a wicked smile
- Then cut a circle around the stem (don't throw it out though!)
- Gently scoop out the pepper's insides/ seeds
- Meanwhile, boil spaghetti. Once it's al dente, toss in your sauce
- Finally, fill the jack-o-lanterns with spaghetti -- the messier the better! It's supposed to look like leaking brains, after all!
- Top the jack-o-lantern with the stem and serve!
This colorful meal is a great balance to all the candy the kiddos consume. It's all about balance! What's your favorite Halloween meal tradition?
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
Be sure to follow Momtrends on Pinterest and for more spooky inspiration follow our Halloween and Thanksgiving Boards here.
This is not a sponsored post.