No doubt about it -- this Halloween is, um, different. We're all trying to navigate the rules of celebrating the holiday mid-pandemic, whilst also making it special and fun and wicked exciting for our normalcy-deprived children.
Regardless of whether you'll be doing the traditional trick or treating route, boo-ing friends at their doorstep, or staying home and watching scary movies as a family, you can mark the creepy occasion with a meal that's satisfying and spooky (and hopefully loaded with protein, so you can feel a little less guilty about letting your kids gorge on candy.) Here is a fun and delicious idea for a devilishly good Halloween dinner.
Leaking Jack-o-Lantern Brains
Ingredients You'll need:
- Orange bell peppers (but you can use any color; my kids prefer red peppers!)
- Sauce (can be jarred; I like to whip up a quick bolognese for protein factor!)
What to Do:
- Carve your bell peppers just like you would a Jack-o-Lantern. Using a knife, carve out eyes and a wicked smile
- Then cut a circle around the stem (don't throw it out though!)
- Gently scoop out the pepper's insides/ seeds
- Meanwhile, boil spaghetti. Once it's al dente, toss in your sauce
- Finally, fill the jack-o-lanterns with spaghetti -- the messier the better! It's supposed to look like leaking brains, after all!
- Top the jack-o-lantern with the stem and serve!
What's your favorite Halloween meal tradition?
Want more from Momtrends?
This is not a sponsored post.