Tomorrow may be the end of Oktoberfest, but luckily there is still time to celebrate! Here are five essentials you'll need to raise your own glass and prost (German for ‘cheers’) this weekend!
If you can't make it to Munich for the original Oktoberfest, you can whip up your own celebration at home. Here's what you'll need.
Everything You Need for Oktoberfest
1. Good beer: This is a given, right? Load up on lots of your favorite German beers like Konig Pilsner, Franiska Hefeweiss, or Spaten Lager. Or go choose an aptly named Oktoberfest-style beer from a local brewery. Not a beer fan? Try our favorite beers for non-beer drinkers.
2. Brats: The best thing about brats are that they are delicious, low maintenance to cook and can be made in bulk to easily feed a crowd. Cook outside on the grill if the weather is still nice enough or inside on the stovetop. For even less hands-on work, slow cook them like Bobby Flay in beer in your crockpot. Add some toasted buns and a collection of toppings like mustard, sauerkraut, raw onions, and pickles.
3. The right glass: Sure any cup will do, but to truly get in the spirit, dust off those beer steins at the back of your cup cabinet! Pull out those pilsner glasses! Your Oktoberfest beer will just taste better - promise.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
4. The perfect playlist: Can't book your local oompapa band? You can still get the spirit of Oktoberfest at home with a great playlist on Pandora or Spotify. Try this Pandora Oktoberfest station or type in "Bavarian Drinking Songs" to find some lively tunes to keep your party going.
5. Braids: And the best Oktoberfest accessory to go with your beer? Braids. Sport two simple side braids or wrap them around your head in a milkmaid braid like this LuLu pin.
Now you're ready to celebrate!
MORE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Seasonal Beer-Crush Oktoberfest
- Oktoberfest Party Essentials
- Autumnal Equinox 5 ways to celebrate fall
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes ideas. Be sure to follow our Recipes to Inspire Board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.