Tomorrow may be the end of Oktoberfest, but luckily there is still time to celebrate! Here are five essentials you'll need to raise your own glass and prost (German for ‘cheers’) this weekend!
If you can't make it to Munich for the original Oktoberfest, you can whip up your own celebration at home. Here's what you'll need.
Everything You Need for Oktoberfest
1. Good beer: This is a given, right? Load up on lots of your favorite German beers like Konig Pilsner, Franiska Hefeweiss, or Spaten Lager. Or go choose an aptly named Oktoberfest-style beer from a local brewery. Not a beer fan? Try our favorite beers for non-beer drinkers.
2. Brats: The best thing about brats are that they are delicious, low maintenance to cook and can be made in bulk to easily feed a crowd. Cook outside on the grill if the weather is still nice enough or inside on the stovetop. For even less hands-on work, slow cook them like Bobby Flay in beer in your crockpot. Add some toasted buns and a collection of toppings like mustard, sauerkraut, raw onions, and pickles.
3. The right glass: Sure any cup will do, but to truly get in the spirit, dust off those beer steins at the back of your cup cabinet! Pull out those pilsner glasses! Your Oktoberfest beer will just taste better - promise.
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
4. The perfect playlist: Can't book your local oompapa band? You can still get the spirit of Oktoberfest at home with a great playlist on Pandora or Spotify. Try this Pandora Oktoberfest station or type in "Bavarian Drinking Songs" to find some lively tunes to keep your party going.
5. Braids: And the best Oktoberfest accessory to go with your beer? Braids. Sport two simple side braids or wrap them around your head in a milkmaid braid like this LuLu pin.
Now you're ready to celebrate!
MORE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Seasonal Beer-Crush Oktoberfest
- Oktoberfest Party Essentials
- Autumnal Equinox 5 ways to celebrate fall
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes ideas. Be sure to follow our Recipes to Inspire Board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.