Tomorrow may be the end of Oktoberfest, but luckily there is still time to celebrate! Here are five essentials you'll need to raise your own glass and prost (German for ‘cheers’) this weekend!
If you can't make it to Munich for the original Oktoberfest, you can whip up your own celebration at home. Here's what you'll need.
Everything You Need for Oktoberfest
1. Good beer: This is a given, right? Load up on lots of your favorite German beers like Konig Pilsner, Franiska Hefeweiss, or Spaten Lager. Or go choose an aptly named Oktoberfest-style beer from a local brewery. Not a beer fan? Try our favorite beers for non-beer drinkers.
2. Brats: The best thing about brats are that they are delicious, low maintenance to cook and can be made in bulk to easily feed a crowd. Cook outside on the grill if the weather is still nice enough or inside on the stovetop. For even less hands-on work, slow cook them like Bobby Flay in beer in your crockpot. Add some toasted buns and a collection of toppings like mustard, sauerkraut, raw onions, and pickles.
3. The right glass: Sure any cup will do, but to truly get in the spirit, dust off those beer steins at the back of your cup cabinet! Pull out those pilsner glasses! Your Oktoberfest beer will just taste better - promise.
Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals
Its hard to believe the holidays are here! At Momtrends, we love a good deal, but we don't have oodles of time to sift through emails, so we put together our list of favorites from Amazon's Cyber Monday Beauty list for you. 8 Best Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals Drybar Single ...read more
Skin Perfected with the Le Mieux Ultrasonic Facial Tool
No lie – I love a good skincare gadget, but I’m pretty particular about what makes the cut. First and foremost, it has to work. It has to do something for my skin that is worth the time to use the device and the money to buy it in the first place. Second, I really hate products ...read more
Holiday Gift Buying: Safety Tips and Age-Appropriate Toys for Kids
The holiday buying season is back and this year we are following a few tips from the Toy Industry Association to ensure that the gifts we get our kids are safe and age-appropriate. Related: 2022 Momtrends Best Toys and Gifts for Kids Age Guide to the Best Toys Let's start with ...read more
4. The perfect playlist: Can't book your local oompapa band? You can still get the spirit of Oktoberfest at home with a great playlist on Pandora or Spotify. Try this Pandora Oktoberfest station or type in "Bavarian Drinking Songs" to find some lively tunes to keep your party going.
5. Braids: And the best Oktoberfest accessory to go with your beer? Braids. Sport two simple side braids or wrap them around your head in a milkmaid braid like this LuLu pin.
Now you're ready to celebrate!
MORE FROM MOMTRENDS
- Seasonal Beer-Crush Oktoberfest
- Oktoberfest Party Essentials
- Autumnal Equinox 5 ways to celebrate fall
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes ideas. Be sure to follow our Recipes to Inspire Board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.