We love a good party but they can be an outlet for mess. From the paper plates to the cans, good celebrations are also the result of garbage and waste. To help us focus on environmentally-friendly party planning, Momtrends is taking some tips from Corina Beczner, GLAD's eco expert, One Bag board member and the founder of the eco-friendly event consultancy Vibrant Events, which specializes in green weddings and special events. We can all do our part to help the earth and are the best ways to do so at your next party.
Eco-Friendly Party Planning Tips:
- Plan Ahead: Thinking ahead is key to reducing waste! Make sure to get the head count and RSVPs early to avoid unnecessary waste.
- Invitations: Try using sophisticated and chic e-vites (e.g. Paperless Post), which will save trees and present a fresh approach!
- Keep It Simple: It's important to keep the menu simple, especially if you're presenting a buffet, which can create excess waste.
- Compostables: Be responsible and compost your party waste. Try bamboo and fallen palm leaf plates which are a great option for cocktail parties.
- Be Unique: One of the hottest trends in special events is mixed and matched plates, which is a simple way to reuse passed down china, and create a vintage vibe, too.
- Reuse, Reuse, Reuse: Another fun tip is to reuse your old wine bottles as dinner table water carafes--just wash off the sticky labels and they quickly offer function and fun!
- Use Your Own Soda Stream: A cool new option to cut back on purchasing plastic soda bottles; and the instant bubbles means no flat mixers.
MORE ECO-FRIENDLY IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Gardening with kids DIY raised garden
- Here are tips to help you avoid food waste this summer.
- A beginners guide to composting
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Momtrends here.
Easy French Toast with Berries Recipe
Looking for a way to make the most of the summer berries that are in season right now? Try this delicious French Toast recipe and load it up with your favorite berries. Related: Nutella French toast recipe Why I Like French Toast I love to whip up French Toast when I have good ...read more
The Best High-Chairs for Baby 2022
A good high chair needs to offer a perfect blend of function and fashion. Here's why: With the exception of perhaps your stroller, the highchair is one of the most visible pieces of baby gear you'll buy. From roughly 5 months up to 2.5+ years, your child will use the high chair ...read more
Back-to-School Owl Pocket Craft
For some of you, hearing the words "back to school" is cause for concern, dread, or even fear. I think it mostly stems form feeling unprepared or rushed. To take some of that anxiety out of the equation, here's a quick (and calming!) craft that doubles as an adorable adornment, ...read more
All tips provided by Corina Beczner. Courtesy of GLAD.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples.