If you check out our recipes on occasion, you may have already noticed I'm a big fan of quick recipes that are delicious and nutritionally-rich. We use our crockpot several times a week as it is, but I'm always on the hunt for other recipes that taste great and can be on the table in a timely fashion. That's why we love this easy Pork and Pineapple Stir Fry recipe.
Related: Our easy healthy yogurt parfait
I came across this recipe for a pork and pineapple stir fry awhile back and knew we needed to give it a try. I love pineapple based recipes, as do the kids, so with a few modifications, we now have another quick and delicious weeknight meal.
Pork & Pineapple Stir Fry
- 1lb boneless pork, cut into thin stir-fry strips
- 1 8 oz can pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup stir fry sauce
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 package mixed vegetable medley **
- Steamed rice for serving
Getting Back Quality Time with Family Game Night
Slowing down is a key to happiness. This is something that is both obvious but still very hard to do - especially with our busy lives. During a recent interview with happiness expert, sociologist and parent educator, Dr. Christine Carter I learned some tips on how to focus on ...read more
The Benefits of Creating a Family Fitness Routine
We all know that kids learn best when we model behaviors for them. We can talk all we want about sharing, eating healthy and being kind, but when they see us living these values, they respond. The same goes for fitness. When we make health a priority for ourselves, the kids will ...read more
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
**Broccoli, carrots and a snow pea medley would be great; we used regular mixed veggies because I didn't know we were out of stir fry blends till dinner was cooking.
- Toss the pork with 2-3 tsp of stir fry sauce.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in wok, cook pork until browned, set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice veggies to bite-sized pieces; drain pineapple (reserve juice) and cut into smaller pieces.
- After removing cooked pork, heat remaining oil in the skillet and stir fry the veggies for 3-4 minutes.
- Add pineapple juice and remaining stir fry sauce, bring to a boil, then simmer till veggies are tender.
- Add pork and pineapple back to the skillet, toss to heat through. Serve over rice.
This is an easy mid-week recipe that's full of flavor and will be a real kid-pleaser. Enjoy!
More Pineapple Ideas from Momtrends
- Pineapple ginger margarita
- Raspberry cream over bitter pineapple
- Sparkling pineapple cup cocktail recipe
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail recipes. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.