This week winter seems to really have set in. What I mean is: it felt like January and I absolutely welcomed the chill with open arms. Boots, sweaters, blankets, and lots of soup. In fact, with ski trips planned and the Super Bowl coming soon, I'm in absolute heaven. It's the perfect time for hearty soups like this Lasagna Soup recipe you can make in your crockpot.
The idea of smelling a meal slowly simmering did not send me into a spiral of sickness--woohoo! Of course, I didn't want to risk trying an elaborate recipe, so I decided to test the waters with a simple dish.
Lasagna soup is one of my favorite crock-pot meals. It's ridiculously easy, requires just a few ingredients, and is hearty and satisfying. I've adapted this recipe from a few different sources to simplify and streamline for the laziest of Sundays.
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 35 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman
If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Lasagna Soup Ingredients
(serves 6 - 8 bowls)
- 1 lb. ground beaf
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 28. oz can of crush tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken (you can also swap for shells or preferred pasta)
- 2+ cups of shredded cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
Lasagna Soup Directions
- In a skillet, heat oil and add onions, season with salt. Cook until golden.
- Add beef and cook until brow. Drain fat.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and oregano; stir.
- Add chicken broth and let simmer on medium heat for 4-5 hours.
- Add heavy cream.
- Twenty minutes before serving, add lasagna noodles and mozzarella.
- Serve in a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- 10 breakfasts inspired by Green Eggs and ham
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.