This week winter seems to really have set in. What I mean is: it felt like January and I absolutely welcomed the chill with open arms. Boots, sweaters, blankets, and lots of soup. In fact, with ski trips planned and the Super Bowl coming soon, I'm in absolute heaven. It's the perfect time for hearty soups like this Lasagna Soup recipe you can make in your crockpot.
The idea of smelling a meal slowly simmering did not send me into a spiral of sickness--woohoo! Of course, I didn't want to risk trying an elaborate recipe, so I decided to test the waters with a simple dish.
Lasagna soup is one of my favorite crock-pot meals. It's ridiculously easy, requires just a few ingredients, and is hearty and satisfying. I've adapted this recipe from a few different sources to simplify and streamline for the laziest of Sundays.
Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals
Its hard to believe the holidays are here! At Momtrends, we love a good deal, and we love to share. Since we know you don't have oodles of time to sift through emails, we did the work for you and put together our list of favorites from Amazon's Cyber Monday Beauty sale. 8 Best ...read more
Skin Perfected with the Le Mieux Ultrasonic Facial Tool
No lie – I love a good skincare gadget, but I’m pretty particular about what makes the cut. First and foremost, it has to work. It has to do something for my skin that is worth the time to use the device and the money to buy it in the first place. Second, I really hate products ...read more
Holiday Gift Buying: Safety Tips and Age-Appropriate Toys for Kids
The holiday buying season is back and this year we are following a few tips from the Toy Industry Association to ensure that the gifts we get our kids are safe and age-appropriate. Related: 2022 Momtrends Best Toys and Gifts for Kids Age Guide to the Best Toys Let's start with ...read more
Lasagna Soup Ingredients
(serves 6 - 8 bowls)
- 1 lb. ground beaf
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. EVOO
- 4 tbsp. minced garlic
- 28. oz can of crush tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken (you can also swap for shells or preferred pasta)
- 2+ cups of shredded cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
Lasagna Soup Directions
- In a skillet, heat oil and add onions, season with salt. Cook until golden.
- Add beef and cook until brow. Drain fat.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and oregano; stir.
- Add chicken broth and let simmer on medium heat for 4-5 hours.
- Add heavy cream.
- Twenty minutes before serving, add lasagna noodles and mozzarella.
- Serve in a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese.
MORE RECIPE IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- 10 breakfasts inspired by Green Eggs and ham
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.