Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer which means it's time to break out that grill, the corn on the cob, and fresh juicy watermelon. While a plate of cold, sweet watermelon is a perfect snack on its own, I'm using my watermelon this weekend to whip up these frozen watermelon cocktails. A perfect way to ring in the warm-weather!
Related: Watermelon slush cocktail recipe
I love that this cocktail has just two ingredients and that cutting the watermelon is a do-ahead step which means assembling these is a breeze.
Frozen Watermelon Cocktail Ingredients
- seedless watermelon
- watermelon rind spears for garnish
Frozen Watermelon Cocktail Directions:
- Cut off watermelon rind and dice watermelon into cubes. Place on parchment-lined tray and freeze for 3-4 hours. (Or do this days/weeks ahead of time!)
- Blend frozen watermelon chunks in a blender.
- Add 2-4 shots of vodka to taste and continue blending.
- Pour into glass and garnish with watermelon spear.
You can also make this into a kid-friendly drink by skipping the booze and mixing in a bit of juice, sparkling water, or coconut water instead. And frozen cubed watermelon makes a fun, warm-weather kid snack too!
MORE COCKTAILS AND ENTERTAINING IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Love this recipe? Please share! You are guaranteed to love these summer cocktails too:
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.