Do you love all things British? You are not alone. From Paddington, to Mary Poppins to Harry Potter, here at Momtrends, anglophilia is alive and well. This summer, we invite you to throw your very own English tea party complete with signature cucumber sandwiches!
How to Throw an English Tea Party:
- Start with the table and arrange a nice tablecloth to set the tone for your food (Gingham is popular in London).
- Place your finger foods on a cake stand in the center of the table. Popular finger foods include scones, tarts and tea sandwiches.
- When making the tea sandwich, think dainty. It's important start with a good base, we like a healthful wholegrain break like Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat.
- Don't forget the scones.
English Tea Sandwich Recipes
The perfect tea sandwich is light while also being savory. The traditional recipe calls for a light layer of condiment, a preferred sandwich meat, and a thin slice of cucumber or watercress. And of course you need to trim the crusts and cut into quarters.
Turkey & Camembert Sandwich Recipe
- Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Health-full 10 Grain Bread
- 1 round of camembert cheese
- 4 oz of turkey, sliced
- 2 cups of micro greens
Directions: Slice the camembert into slices and arrange on the bottom half of the bread. Layer with turkey slices and top with micro greens.
We Found The Best Portable Blender for Smoothies
Our family runs on smoothies. The whir of a blender is our morning serenade. With a house full of athletes, we need a blender that can keep up with us. I'm thrilled to say we found the best portable blender for smoothies--you've got to check out the BlendJet 2. Related: Brain ...read more
How to Style a Blanket Coat for Fall
Jeans and boots have become a cornerstone of my fall wardrobe. I've been looking for a cozy way to update my fall outfits and it was as easy as adding a layer. Try a blanket coat this autumn to stay warm in style. Related: The coolest sunglasses for moms right now Cozy Up With a ...read more
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
Apple & Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Health-full 10 Grain Bread)
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 1 apple, cored & thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons citrus honey
- 2 cups mache lettuce
Directions: Spread citrus honey on bread and then layer thinly sliced brie cheese and thin apple slices on bread. Top with mache lettuce.
Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
- (Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 10 oz goat cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 4-6 tablespoons low fat milk
Directions: Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add any additional milk if the spread is very thick. Spread the mixture on bread and top with thinly cut slices of cucumber and baby arugula.
More Things Momtrends Loves About England
Save your favorite travel and party ideas on Pinterest. Be sure to follow our Travel board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.