As we gear up for National Yoga Month, celebrity yoga instructor Kristin McGee is sharing her tips on how to get the most out of your rejuvenating yoga workout.
Kristin McGee is a nationally recognized celebrity yoga and Pilates teacher, speaker, mompreneur, and author of Chair Yoga: Sit, Stretch, and Strengthen Your Way to a Happier, Healthier You. Considered a pioneer in the yoga movement, Kristin began her career as yoga teacher in the nineties after graduating from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. She's now working with Peleton to spread the word about the power of yoga to more moms.
5 Tips for Getting Your Yoga Practice Started
- Strike a pose: Look at each yoga pose before actually putting it into practice to ensure proper form and to avoid injury.
- Concentrate: A proper yoga session practiced with the right attitude and breathing techniques can help you not only tone your body, but develop your mental focus, release negative energy and reduce stress.
- Build your yoga prowess: Start with basic yoga poses and build on those to ensure understanding of more advanced postures and yoga terminology for safe transition from pose to pose.
- Get your space ready: Create a comfortable environment to practice this activity that can help you strengthen the mind, body and spirit, as well as achieve a feeling of well-being.
- Focus on the inside: Be childlike and joyful when approaching your yoga practice. Yoga is not a competitive sport; it is about finding a sense of balance, strength and power from within.
The Best Sustainable Beauty Products
If clean beauty is important to you, then sustainable beauty probably is too. I know how important eco-conscious choices are to many of you, so I try to include at least one organic product in most of my beauty Momtrends MVP’s lists even if that isn’t the primary focus. That ...read more
Holiday Gift Guide For Skiers and Riders
Planning to hit the slopes this winter? We've got gifts for everyone in the family. It's all about maximizing time outdoors with our picks for the holiday gear to gift to your favorite skiers and riders. Remember to shop early to help get everything to you in time. Gifts for Her ...read more
Ski Moms Fun Podcast
The struggle is real, but the rewards are great. Welcome to the Ski Moms Fun Podcast for women who love the outdoors and do the hard work of getting families out into the snow to play. Listen to the Latest Podcast You can listen right on the blog or head to your favorite podcast ...read more
Kristin has a deep practice to share. Be sure to follow her on Instagram here @kristinmcgee for continued inspiration.
MORE YOGA FROM MOMTRENDS
- Yoga for kids
- Essentials to help you create an at home yoga sanctuary
- Online yoga options for stay at home workouts
Use pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post