Uh-oh, ladies, my roots are showing...my southern roots that is. Many of you many only think of drinking bourbon when watching the Kentucky Derby in May, but please reconsider. This bourbon peach thyme sweet tea cocktail screams summertime in the south. A celebration of summer flavors pairs perfectly to quench your thirst, it's the perfect drink for the warm days ahead. I bet you cannot enjoy a sip without letting an "ahhhh" slip out!
Bourbon Peach Thyme Sweet Tea Cocktail
A real vacation in a glass, you'll love the slow relaxing lazy spin this libation will bring to your afternoon. So sit back, take a sip, and enjoy life for a moment. Watch the kids play in the sprinkler and soak up the last of the dog days of summer.
Soon we will all be back to business with school, sports, and other extracurriculars. One more reason to kick back and enjoy the last bits of summer, right?
And since this is the perfect summertime treat, this recipe makes a pitcher. So you can share, but, only if you want to share, of course.
Bourbon Peach Thyme Sweet Tea Cocktail Ingredients
makes a 2-quart pitcher
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Peach, diced
- 5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 4 Black Tea Bags
- 8 Cups Filtered Water
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
- Ice (optional)
- Black Tea
- Simple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Peach Schnapps
- 3/4 Cup Bourbon
Bourbon Peach Thyme Sweet Tea Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. T
- urn down to a simmer and hold for 10 minutes or so. Peaches should be breaking down and soft when ready.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and discard.
- Smash the larger pieces of peach into smaller chunks with a fork.
- Refrigerate until ready to mix the cocktail.
- Bring four tea bags and 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- Allow the tea bags to steep for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tea to a pitcher.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours (until chilled). If you are in a hurry, serve over ice as it will melt and chill the tea quicker. You still may need some refrigerator time to chill the tea.
- Add bourbon and peach schnapps to chilled tea.
- Serve over ice and garnish with fresh peaches, thyme, and/or sugar cane.
More Bourbon cocktails from Momtrends
Use Pinterest to save your favorite cocktail ideas. Be sure to follow our Drinks board here.