Time for the Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Gardens. We've got the insider tips to make your trip to this "must-see" holiday event. Buy tickets now to see the G-scale model trains puff along a half-mile of track in and around the 140 landmark buildings constructed entirely of natural materials: nuts, tree bark, fruits, pinecones, and leaves. It's a magical non-commercial experience that highlights the very best of the season.
Related: Holiday lights at the Bronx Zoo in NYC
Tips for Visiting the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanical Gardens
- Be prompt. Tickets are timed. It's great to be at the head of your allotted time.
- Go early. We always sign up for the first time slot of the day. No wait and great views for short little people.
- Dress in layers. It is hot and humid (it's a conservatory after all!) inside. Leave the coats in the stroller.
- Visit the bathrooms at the main entrance--by the main gate.
- Bring a camera and be patient to nab a terrific photo.
- Plan enough time to walk through the Children's Garden after the trains--it's good to cool off and to let the kids frolic.
- Check out the calendar of children's events here and plan a full day at the garden.
Annual Holiday Train Show
This show will take place this year from Saturday, November 20, 2021 – Sunday, January 23, 2022 in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory. Marvel at model trains zipping through an enchanting display of more than 175 famous New York landmarks—imagine the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Rockefeller Center, and other favorites—each delightfully re-created from natural materials such as pine cones, acorns, and seeds.
Momtrends MVP’s: The Best Eye Cream
If I asked you to detail your daily skin care routine, would eye cream be at the top of your list? Is it on your list at all? If not, it’s probably time to test out a new product or two for your regimen. Don’t worry. Momtrends has you covered with our top picks for the best eye ...read more
Amazon Cyber Monday Beauty Deals
Its hard to believe the holidays are here! At Momtrends, we love a good deal, and we love to share. Since we know you don't have oodles of time to sift through emails, we did the work for you and put together our list of favorites from Amazon's Cyber Monday Beauty sale. 8 Best ...read more
Skin Perfected with the Le Mieux Ultrasonic Facial Tool
No lie – I love a good skincare gadget, but I’m pretty particular about what makes the cut. First and foremost, it has to work. It has to do something for my skin that is worth the time to use the device and the money to buy it in the first place. Second, I really hate products ...read more
The New York Botanical Gardens is located at the Bronx River Parkway (Exit 7W) and Fordham Road. Onsite parking is $12 per vehicle.
MOMTRENDS TIPS TO PLANNING AN NYC VISIT
Check out our NYC page for things to see and do in NYC and don't miss these highlights.
- Favorite Museums in NYC for kids
- Favorite Family Friendly NYC restaurants
- Things to do with kids in NYC
Use Pinterest to save your favorite NYC outings. Be sure to follow our New York City board here.