Black Friday and Cyber Monday are almost here! Shopping online for the kids this year? While both days have a history of being tied to security breaches, shoppers (like yours truly) continue to click away.... because, hey, who doesn't like big savings!
Make sure that you get all the deals while hackers get zero steals, by following these important tips and tricks to stay safe online while shopping this holiday season.
- Always be monitoring - Consumers should be thinking about their security just as much as they’re thinking about hiding those new gifts from their recipients. Like keeping an eye on their credit card activity and bank accounts and flagging any suspicious transactions immediately to their provider.
- Ditch the debit - Don’t use debit cards for online shopping as they are directly tied to your bank accounts, and oftentimes, you have no guarantee that if something happens you will be reimbursed for the issue
- Added layer of defense - The holidays are busy, so leave the monitoring to the security experts. There are options out there with 24/7 monitoring, providing annual credit reports, change of address scans, municipal court/criminal reporting and fraud incident resolution to proactively and reactively help protect customers’ identity.
- Want more from Momtrends?
- 1. How to Avoid Being Tricked by Cyber Attacks
- 2. 5 Things You're Doing That Could Compromise Your Online Safety
- This is not a sponsored post. Tips by Ron Culler, senior director, technology and solutions for ADT Cybersecurity SMB.
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more