Sure, some dads are thrilled with another tie, mug, or bag of jelly beans this Father's Day. But then there's Active Dad who would rather explore a new trail, run one more mile or spend the day in the sun and surf with his kids. We salute you, Active Dad, and have gathered up some sweet presents right up your alley.
Related: Best gift for Dad DIY cufflinks
Father's Day Gifts or the Outdoor Explorer
Dad love to explore the great outdoors? He'll love these gear and gadgets to make his exploring more fun.
- No man should wander without a multitool like this Sidekick from Leatherman that has 15 tools and folds up into a compact package. Consider getting the carry case too.
- The Camelback Bike Vest offers a 1.5-liter crux reservoir that makes it easier to load and refill. It delivers 20% more water per sip, keeping you hydrated while you ride. It's comfortable and compact, perfect for dad's solo adventures or hiking with the kids.
- Adventures are even more fun when you can relive the memories that are captured on a GoPro. Attach it to your helmet, chest, bike, board or more and get up close and personal with your adventure experience. Sure dad likes to build a fire, find a shelter and fish for his own dinner, but that doesn't mean his night out under the stars has to be cold.
- This Kelty sleeping bag is lightweight but cozy and has upgraded features like a waterproof head and foot cover and included compression sack.
- Regular old flashlights have nothing on this Olympia AD160 High-Performance LED flashlight. With 5 light settings, a beam distance of 107 meters and waterproof to 2 meters, this flashlight is small, but mighty and perfect for camping, exploring or checking under the bed for monsters.
- Whether he is 4 or 64, there is something about guys and walkie talkies. Keep the "troops" in communication about the best fishing spot, potential bear sitings or beer runs with these Motorola MS350R 2-Way Radios that have a 35-mile range and are waterproof for fun in the snow, river, or road.
- For camping, hiking or river walking, these Ahnu Del Rey sandals have a rubber toe cap for protection, quick-dry mesh top and sturdy grips on the bottom.
- Patagonia's Nano Puff Jacket is lightweight and packs down small, but will keep dad toasty warm in a variety of conditions. It's available in six colors or as a vest.
Beachy Gifts for the Outdoor Dad
If the dad in your life is one to embrace the surf and sea, try one of these cool gifts.
Save Money at a Ski Swap
Are the slopes in your future? If you want o save money on ski gear, consider a ski swap. Oregon Ski Swaps Mount Bachelor, SKYLINERS SKI SWAP presented by Latitude 44 SportsThe Ice Pavilion, 1001 SW Bradbury Way, October 8th & 9th, 2021. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION 541-388-0002 or ...read more
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
- This Bamboo All-Rounder SUP from Adventure Paddleboarding is perfect for paddles across the lake, but can also handle rides in the surf. Ideal for solo rides or taking a kid out on an adventure, it's surprisingly lightweight despite its size (my 8yo can carry it), and provides fun in your nearest ocean, harbor, or lake. Don't forget to pick up a paddle as well.
- Take care of his skin with this SuperGoop sunscreen. An easy-to-apply, continuous, non-aerosol mineral sunscreen mist that provides physical broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection and up to 80 minutes of water resistance.
- Why let the kids have all the fun in the waves? This adult-sized Lucky Bums Body Board can let dad ride, roll, and splash right along with the kids all afternoon.
- Larq has collected 1 million single-use plastic bottles from the ocean. Every $1 helps remove 100 plastic bottles from the ocean, and right now, your LARQ PureVIS Bottle purchase helps to clean up our oceans. The LARQ Bottle Movement can bust bacteria, viruses, and bio-contaminants with built-in UV-C LED. The LARQ bottle can bust bacteria, viruses, and bio-contaminants with built-in UV-C LED.
- Boardshorts are to guys what shoes are to girls - you can never have too many. Add to his collection this Father's Day with these Quicksilver Boardshorts.
Father's Day Gifts for Dad On the Go
Then there are the dads that are just always on the go. From work to play to school pick-ups, here are our favorite picks for keeping dad in style while he's running around.
- Havaianas Urban Craft Flip Flops are street smart with city style to keep dad looking good and on his toes. Love the striped design at the cushioned footbed.
- These cool Russian Meddler shorts from Bird Dog can go from the gym to the beach to dinner and keep your guy cool and comfortable.
- A life on the go needs a phone that can keep up. This Lifeproof Fre Case is resistant to water, snow, dirt, sweat and whatever else your guy gets into.
- One of the coolest backpacks we've seen, this North Face Surge Charged Backpack A new tech-inspired design helps you organize electronics and simplify your life on-the-go. It also features a dedicated mobile-office compartment for your laptop, tablet and documents, multiple fleece-lined pockets for your sunglasses and phone, and a padded top handle and laptop sleeve. A highly breathable lumbar panel pairs with injection-molded shoulder straps for all-day comfort.
- Kitschy, cute and practical, this Pategonia Bucket hat was designed for wear in and out of the water, a durable, packable 100% recycled nylon bucket hat.
- Help him stay caffeinated and keep his coffee close at hand with a Handlebar Cup Holder.
- No matter how busy (or tired) dad is, he'll always look better with classic Vuarnet O2 Sunglasses.
MORE FATHER'S DAY IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas and organize your life. Be sure to follow our Father's Day board here.
Happy Father's Day!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.