I'm excited about the start of a new school year. It's a clean slate, a fresh start, and a brand new beginning. I am looking forward to the fall; the crisp morning walk to the schoolhouse--coffee in hand. I never thought I'd be a morning person. It took a few kids and a whole of practice, but I can now say I enjoy being a (relatively) early riser--as long as the littles have let me get a solid seven hours of sleep.
Breakfast on the Go
The one thing I don't like about the hurried, harried school-day morning: making breakfast. It's bd enough that I have to pack lunches for picky eaters; but, getting them to eat a delicious, nutritious and fueling AM meal in a matter of minutes is a whole other struggle. They're not big fans of the typical quick morning meals--cereal, toast, bagels... That's why I've learned to prepare bigger batches of make-ahead breakfasts on the weekend, to serve during the week. And by "serve," I mean put in a napkin as we race out the front door. Yes, all seven of these recipes are portable!
7 Make-Ahead School-Morning Breakfasts
- Portable Baked Pancake Bites via A Few Shortcuts
- Make Ahead Blueberry-Banana-and Cheerios Parfaits via Kims Cravings
- Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins via One Crazy Mom
- Peanut Butter Breakfast Bites via Six Sisters' Stuff
- Hash Brown Ham and Cheese Egg Cups via Today's Creative Life
- Cereal Bars via Feeding My Kid
- Scrambled Egg Muffins via One Crazy Mom
Want more from Momtrends?
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion finds from Momtrends. Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
This is not a sponsored post