We could all use a good belly laugh now and again. Heck, we think everyone needs a hearty chuckle at least every day. (That's one reason the ladies of Momtrends insist on doing our weekly Facebook Lives... Ya never know who's gonna bust out luahging first!
Still, with packed schedules, important obligations, careers to build, and kids to raise, finding time to let loose and embrace the comedic side of life doesn't always feel like priority. To find the humor and seek the silly, we sought out book author and blogger Kathy Chlan to share her titilating tips to laugh more and live happier.
My mantra, in this roller coaster ride I call “Motherhood,” is to just laugh, cause it gets you through the day. Sometimes, everyday life can get in the way, and you get overwhelmed with what you have to get done. Let’s face it, as Moms, we are extremely lucky to even get to pee by ourselves!
How can we pack more laughter into the day when tough times seem to conspire against us? As spontaneous the act of laughing is, you can set the stage for more humor in your life with these five tips:
1. Laugh with others frequently and always laugh at yourself - Don’t take yourself so seriously. Make a conscious decision when you wake up, that you will be happy. Happiness brings on laughter.
2. Spend time with funny people - Get rid of the Debbie Downers in your life. Who needs the “woe is me” attitude. Surround yourself with people who have a light around them. I am not saying dump your friends who are the downers, just balance it with others that look at life differently.
3. Have a laugh-in! - Try taking a laughing meditation class or laughing yoga class. Yes, people, these DO exist. It can release so much stress and by the end of the class, you'll feel like a weight has been lifted off of you.
4. Laugh all the way to the office - Want to reduce stress? Instead of listening to news radio, switch the dial to comedy radio. Lift your spirits and arrive at work feeling relaxed.
5. Watch funny TV shows regularly - DVR those shows that will bring a smile to your face. Whatever show that is. If you watch them on a regular basis and they make you laugh, it is like free therapy. And who doesn’t like a bargain!
Kathy Chlan is the author of Maternally Challenged: How My Special Needs Son Taught Me to Sack Up & Laugh and the writer behind the popular website Unfiltered Mom. More at www.unfilteredmom.com.
This is not a sponsored post.