The spooky season is here and we know you already have a ton of things to do, why not get inspired by these ideas that won't keep you up late at night prepping.
We've gathered a bunch of low-key Halloween ideas that offer spooky fun with out a lot of effort.
5 Halloween Party Ideas
- Costumes with your Crew - Tell your friends and family to get out their best Halloween attire because it’s costume party time! Prizes are a great incentive to encourage people to bring their A-game – try having both adult and kid winners! Candy and tricky treats will do for the kiddos; maybe some BOOze for the adults. (BTW, a good old-fashioned game of bobbing for apples will spread the Halloween love--and germs. But, what we can say? We're suckers for nostalgia.)
- Halloween Movie Night - Many Halloween movies have a dedicated fan following – throw a Hocus Pocus-themed Halloween Movie Night! We are obsessing over this adorable HP not-so-ugly sweater we spotted online. If you ever needed an excuse to buy yourself some spooky-cute fashion, now's your chance.
- Boo-B-Que - Who says you can't grill after Labor Day? Gather friends and family for a cold-weather cookout. Flannel highly encouraged. Pumpkin spice required. Got a fire pit? Great? If not, break out the mini s'mores kit and enjoy the chill with your chocolate. (If you're hosting with kids, start the evening a bit earlier and consider putting up some lawn games or blowups, if you live in.)
- Pumpkin Carving - BYOP? Bring Your Own Pumpkin makes this a 100% no-hassle event to host for the whole neighborhood. Some hay bales for seating and warm apple cider set the scene. Yes, there will be pumpkin guts everywhere, but it's a smile price to pay for the smile you'll see on your favorite little pumpkins' faces. (P.S. Consider making this one a contest too!)
- Trick or Treating HQ/Trick or Treating Open House - Be the gathering spot before the fun kicks off on Oct 31st. Gather everyone for a quick supper out of the slow cooker before the sugar highs set in. (And to-go solo cups of wine for the adults might be a nice touch.)
Keeping your New Year's resolutions
The New Year is off to a fresh start, and many of us are committed to doing something or many things with more intention this year. But it's tough to stay on track. In fact, “Quitters Day”, which falls on January 14th this year, is the day when most people give up. How can you ...read more
Kids in the Kitchen: Mini Banana Waffle Pies With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
School has started back for many (us included!), and today's Kid's in the Kitchen recipe makes for a perfect breakfast or after-school snack. We made ours for an after-school snack the other day and my second grader loved it. We call this recipe Mini Banana Waffle Pies With ...read more
The Best Overnight French Toast Recipe
We've hit the winter lull--that lengthy stretch of season with no plans, no parties, nothing to do, and nowhere to go. I have to admit that at first, I welcomed the quiet obligation-free weekends of January. After the nonstop hustle-bustle pace of November and December, my family ...read more
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN FROM MOMTRENDS?
Be sure to follow Momtrends on Pinterest and for more spooky inspiration follow our Halloween and Thanksgiving Boards here.
This not a sponsored post. Some party tips provided by Punchbowl.