The spooky season is here and we know you already have a ton of things to do, why not get inspired by these ideas that won't keep you up late at night prepping.
We've gathered a bunch of low-key Halloween ideas that offer spooky fun with out a lot of effort.
5 Halloween Party Ideas
- Costumes with your Crew - Tell your friends and family to get out their best Halloween attire because it’s costume party time! Prizes are a great incentive to encourage people to bring their A-game – try having both adult and kid winners! Candy and tricky treats will do for the kiddos; maybe some BOOze for the adults. (BTW, a good old-fashioned game of bobbing for apples will spread the Halloween love--and germs. But, what we can say? We're suckers for nostalgia.)
- Halloween Movie Night - Many Halloween movies have a dedicated fan following – throw a Hocus Pocus-themed Halloween Movie Night! We are obsessing over this adorable HP not-so-ugly sweater we spotted online. If you ever needed an excuse to buy yourself some spooky-cute fashion, now's your chance.
- Boo-B-Que - Who says you can't grill after Labor Day? Gather friends and family for a cold-weather cookout. Flannel highly encouraged. Pumpkin spice required. Got a fire pit? Great? If not, break out the mini s'mores kit and enjoy the chill with your chocolate. (If you're hosting with kids, start the evening a bit earlier and consider putting up some lawn games or blowups, if you live in.)
- Pumpkin Carving - BYOP? Bring Your Own Pumpkin makes this a 100% no-hassle event to host for the whole neighborhood. Some hay bales for seating and warm apple cider set the scene. Yes, there will be pumpkin guts everywhere, but it's a smile price to pay for the smile you'll see on your favorite little pumpkins' faces. (P.S. Consider making this one a contest too!)
- Trick or Treating HQ/Trick or Treating Open House - Be the gathering spot before the fun kicks off on Oct 31st. Gather everyone for a quick supper out of the slow cooker before the sugar highs set in. (And to-go solo cups of wine for the adults might be a nice touch.)
Getting Back Quality Time with Family Game Night
Slowing down is a key to happiness. This is something that is both obvious but still very hard to do - especially with our busy lives. During a recent interview with happiness expert, sociologist and parent educator, Dr. Christine Carter I learned some tips on how to focus on ...read more
The Benefits of Creating a Family Fitness Routine
We all know that kids learn best when we model behaviors for them. We can talk all we want about sharing, eating healthy and being kind, but when they see us living these values, they respond. The same goes for fitness. When we make health a priority for ourselves, the kids will ...read more
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
WANT MORE HALLOWEEN FROM MOMTRENDS?
Be sure to follow Momtrends on Pinterest and for more spooky inspiration follow our Halloween and Thanksgiving Boards here.
This not a sponsored post. Some party tips provided by Punchbowl.