My kids are picky. A PB&J will NOT cut it in the lunchbox nor will a few bucks for a cafeteria meal. They expect their lunch experience to be--elevated. What can I say, I'm raising mini foodies. Good thing chef Donatella Arpaia shared some easy and delightful recipes that are perfect for families this back-to-school season. Known for her role as head judge on the Food Network’s Iron Chef America, she is also a mother to her 6-year-old son, Alessandro--so she knows the struggle is real. Here are here savory solutions to the lunchbox conundrum. It's easy as the A-B-C's of sandwich making!
A Is for Apple: Turkey, Swiss and Granny Apple Sandwich:
· Spread 2 tsp. honey mustard on one side of Kings Hawaiian roll.
· Top with 3 slices of turkey
· Place 1 thin slices of Swiss cheese over turkey.
· Place a few thin slices of apple over cheese.
· Cover apples with second slice of Swiss cheese.
· Top sandwich with Kings Hawaiian roll.
B is for Bologna: Fried Bologna and Cheese Sandwich:
· Melt the butter in a sauté pan.
· Add the bologna and cook until bologna turns brown.
· Turn the bologna slices over and cook for another minute.
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
· Top the bologna slices with a piece of cheese and let cheese melt.
· Remove from heat.
· Place bologna slices with cheese on top of sweet roll.
· Spread the other side of Kings Hawaiian roll with 1 tbs. mayonnaise or mustard.
· Top the bologna and cheese with the other side of the roll.
C is for Cheese: Grilled Cheese, Tomato and Mayonnaise Sandwich:
· Spread 1 tbs. mayonnaise inside a King’s Hawaiian sweet roll.
· Place a lettuce leaf inside the roll.
· Place a slice or 2 of American cheese on top of lettuce leaf.
· Top cheese with a slice of tomato.
· Top tomato with other half of the roll.
This is not a sponsored post.