My kids are picky. A PB&J will NOT cut it in the lunchbox nor will a few bucks for a cafeteria meal. They expect their lunch experience to be--elevated. What can I say, I'm raising mini foodies. Good thing chef Donatella Arpaia shared some easy and delightful recipes that are perfect for families this back-to-school season. Known for her role as head judge on the Food Network’s Iron Chef America, she is also a mother to her 6-year-old son, Alessandro--so she knows the struggle is real. Here are here savory solutions to the lunchbox conundrum. It's easy as the A-B-C's of sandwich making!
A Is for Apple: Turkey, Swiss and Granny Apple Sandwich:
· Spread 2 tsp. honey mustard on one side of Kings Hawaiian roll.
· Top with 3 slices of turkey
· Place 1 thin slices of Swiss cheese over turkey.
· Place a few thin slices of apple over cheese.
· Cover apples with second slice of Swiss cheese.
· Top sandwich with Kings Hawaiian roll.
B is for Bologna: Fried Bologna and Cheese Sandwich:
· Melt the butter in a sauté pan.
· Add the bologna and cook until bologna turns brown.
· Turn the bologna slices over and cook for another minute.
· Top the bologna slices with a piece of cheese and let cheese melt.
· Remove from heat.
· Place bologna slices with cheese on top of sweet roll.
· Spread the other side of Kings Hawaiian roll with 1 tbs. mayonnaise or mustard.
· Top the bologna and cheese with the other side of the roll.
C is for Cheese: Grilled Cheese, Tomato and Mayonnaise Sandwich:
· Spread 1 tbs. mayonnaise inside a King’s Hawaiian sweet roll.
· Place a lettuce leaf inside the roll.
· Place a slice or 2 of American cheese on top of lettuce leaf.
· Top cheese with a slice of tomato.
· Top tomato with other half of the roll.
This is not a sponsored post.