Circa, the leading mobile-native media organization that allows users to quickly read the days headlines and stay informed on stories they care about, announced this morning, the most followed stories of 2013. Through its signature Follow feature, Circa provides a way for readers to stay on top of a specific story they care about by receiving timely updates as it develops. Because of this, Circa is uniquely able to provide a look at the news stories readers were most engaged with over the past year.
The Top Followed Stories of 2013, according to Circa, include:
- US Government Shutdown Effects 2013
- Boston Bombings Investigation
- Edward Snowden - NSA Leaker
- LAX Shooting-November 2013
- Fukushima Nuclear Cleanup
- Super Typhoon Haiyan
- Twitter Files for IPO
- Apple's Rumored Future Lineup
- Gunshots Fired Outside Capitol
- Obamacare Rollout Begins
Honorable mentions include:
- Banksy's NYC Street Art
- Mars Rover Scientific Mission
Momtrends was not paid for this post.