Moms need help--whether it's a babysitter for a few hours one day a week or a full-time nanny or sporadic assistance in a pinch. I was so excited to find a new sitter recently--she likes to do crafts, loves children's movies, and has tremendous energy for playing and running and chasing and tiring and out these two seemingly tireless kiddos. WINNING.
Of course, when courting a new sitter it's also good to break the ice, set the tone, and know the rates. UrbanSitter recently revealed an infographic with the average rates across the United States in 2018, plus some other super fascinating factoids.
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Make an Easy Paper Plate Snowman
If you live on the East Coast, it's likely you've seen some snow already, same for our friends out in the Rockies. There's something magical about a snow day and the playing outside in a winter wonderland. This craft is inspired by the simply joy of making a snowman. Whether you ...read more
Skip the Crowds and Take Your Family Skiing in Waterville Valley
After a sizable snow storm over Martin Luther King weekend, there were plenty of lift lines and skiers heading to Vermont. Amazingly, most of them drove right past an awesome resort. I'm encouraging families to skip the crowds on the next winter holiday and take a family ski trip ...read more
Some interesting stats from the infographic:
- San Francisco has the most expensive rates where the average babysitting rate for one child is $17.89 per hour.
- Phoenix has the least expensive rates, where the average pay starts at $11.83 per hour for one child.
- The top reason to hire a babysitter? Why date-night , of course! And what do parents really want to do on date night? They want to go to dinner. Still, the "day date"is on the rise and a new trendy solution for time-crunched moms and dads!
- More than 38% of parents hire a sitter at least once a week.
- 83% of parents offer their sitter extra perks--transportation and entertainment among other things.
- 55% of parents tip.
- More than 40% of parents spend at least $30,000 on a nanny each year.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.