Moms need help--whether it's a babysitter for a few hours one day a week or a full-time nanny or sporadic assistance in a pinch. I was so excited to find a new sitter recently--she likes to do crafts, loves children's movies, and has tremendous energy for playing and running and chasing and tiring and out these two seemingly tireless kiddos. WINNING.
Of course, when courting a new sitter it's also good to break the ice, set the tone, and know the rates. UrbanSitter recently revealed an infographic with the average rates across the United States in 2018, plus some other super fascinating factoids.
Some interesting stats from the infographic:
- San Francisco has the most expensive rates where the average babysitting rate for one child is $17.89 per hour.
- Phoenix has the least expensive rates, where the average pay starts at $11.83 per hour for one child.
- The top reason to hire a babysitter? Why date-night , of course! And what do parents really want to do on date night? They want to go to dinner. Still, the "day date"is on the rise and a new trendy solution for time-crunched moms and dads!
- More than 38% of parents hire a sitter at least once a week.
- 83% of parents offer their sitter extra perks--transportation and entertainment among other things.
- 55% of parents tip.
- More than 40% of parents spend at least $30,000 on a nanny each year.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.