Fashion can be so much fun. It's a way to express yourself and build confidence, but it can also be tricky, especially when you are a tween girl. From age 9-12 girls are trying on different personalities and versions of themselves, and this means clothing. Here are ten place to shop for tween fashion inspiration.
Related: 10 best sewing kits for children
Ten Places to Shop for Tween Fashion Inspiration
Our list includes things from top to bottom. Many of the picks are slightly pricey, I always opt for quality over quantity.
- Splendid has the best cozy sweats thanks to the high quality cotton. It's also a great spot to get high super soft tees and tops. Shop the Splendid Kids collection for girls 7-14 here.
- Boden, the British brand, has a lot of color and prints that are on the right side of cute. And it's our favorite spot for leggings. The girls line goes up to size 16. Shop the Boden Collection here.
- Joules is another British brand with terrific quality. They are our preferred pick for rain gear and rain boots. Girls collection is for ages 7-12. Shop Joules here.
- Appaman is a NYC brand with loads of cool. I have been ordering their puffy coats for years and they make the awesome denim too. The fits are trim, but made for kids to move. Sizes go to 14. Shop Appaman here.
- Lands' End has been dressing families since the 1960's. They make our favorite PJs, tights, robes and cold weather base layers. Girls "big kid" sizing goes up to 20. Shop Lands' End here.
- Tea Collection makes clothes for global citizens, I adore the way they weave other cultures into each season's design. The collection includes everything from bikinis (tasteful!) to jumpers to dresses. Sizing goes up to 16. Shop Tea Collection here.
- Ivory Ella is an online store for girls that gives back to Save the Elephants, an organization specializing in wildlife conservation of elephants. Tween girls can should get the XXS. I love all the tie-dye they are doing now. Shop Ivory Ella here.
Bras and Underwear for Tweens
8. Yellowberry is our favorite place to shop for first bras. The branding is excellent and the quality is worth the price. We love the the best-selling Ladybug style as a first bra. No padding is needed in these super-soft, ultra-comfy bras. They covers seams are covered for extra comfort, and the colors are gorgeous. Shop www.yellowberrycompany.com
When it comes to the first period, we're fans of Thinx underpants made for girls called Thinx (BTWN). These are period panties made from organic cotton and sized just for younger bodies. The panties hold up to 4 tampons worth of fluid (sorry, there's no elegant way to describe this). Thinx (BTWN) can be worn alone or with other period products for extra leak protection. The Fresh Start Period Kit is $59 and includes three cute styles.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
On light days or on days you THINK you might get your perios, Thinx (BTWN) can replace pads and pantyliners. On heavier days, they can be worn as a backup to other products for extra protection. Machine wash and line dry.
9. Lucky & Me is our go-to for the softest underwear that's tag-free. Sadly they stop at size 10, I wish the boys shorts and bike shorts came up to size 14. I'm hunting for a new tween brand to fit this niche after size 10, let me know if you have ideas. Shop Lucky and me here. www.luckyandme.com
Workout Options for Tweens
10. Athleta Girl: Our go-to shop is used to be Lululemon's junior line called Ivivva. Now they they have closed down that line (why?), we rely on Athleta Girl. It's a GAP brand and the prices drop quickly (like all GAP product). The gear is colorful and well-constructed. Shop Athleta Girl here.
Designed for girls aged 6 to 14 years, the collection will covers a range of activities and sports, including running, soccer, dance, gymnastics, basketball and swim. The fit isn't too sexy, it's more about fitness and fun.
There you have it friends. This is the start of my list. I'd love to continue to build on this list. Please feel free to add your ideas.
MORE BEAUTY FEATURES FROM MOMTRENDS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite beauty finds. Be sure to follow our Parents of Teens and Tweens board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.