You don't have to make huge sacrifices to indulge in that Thanksgiving meal while also watching your waistline. The little things add up; and here are seven simple steps from FitWeek that will save you room, that you've earned, for more.
Related: How to de-bloat after Thanksgiving
Seven Ways to Burn Calories
- No more mixers! Mash the potatoes by hand and get an incredible arm workout.
- Football? Yes! But instead of watching it, take the family outside and actually play it.
- Take an extra lap around the grocery store when you're shopping for all the ingredients. It's a fact: Small steps can add up to make a big difference for your health.
- Walk it off. Take a brisk walk post-Thanksgiving meal. You'll have to fight the drowsiness that sets in after all that turkey, while also earning the calories you've consumed.
- Before you dish up the plates and sit down, stand up and go around the table having everyone say one thing they are thankful for.
- Make bread from scratch. It's all about using your body weight to really get that loaf soft and delicious!
- Don't sit down to watch the Macy's Day parade, stand up and march along. Better yet, why not go do it in person! Plus, there are parades all around the country to choose from.
Our Favorite Halloween Treat Bags
We are so excited for Halloween this year. On top of the perfect costumes kids will need a bag to store and hold their bounty of candy! This year we're starting early on the celebration and talking about updating our candy sacks. Check out our favorite Halloween treat bags. ...read more
Boozy Hazelnut Coffee Cocktail
Another week, another cocktail recipe, girls. Last week, I must confess, I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry bourbon smash cocktail. With family in town for my son's 4th birthday, there were reasons to celebrate. This fall we've switched it up to a warming cocktail a Boozy ...read more
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
MORE THANKSGIVING INSPIRATION FROM MOMTRENDS
For more Fall crafting fun, be sure to follow our Fall Thanksgiving & Halloween board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.