Crafting is going strong in our house during COVID. During COVID my teens tried some embroidery which got me thinking that most kids need basic sewing skills. I found the kits online with something for just about every age.
Related: Easy sewing patterns for girls
Ten Best Sewing Kits for Children
Sure, we will all need to sew on buttons to garments, but sewing is much more than that. Sewing helps kids improve hand-eye coordination and helps them problem solve.
- Etsy pack of 6 sewing cards this colorful kit includes happy sunshine, fancy-free flower, peaceful moon, and more. The kit comes with a plastic needle that will help create these fun yarn crafts. For kids 4+ ($12.210
- Etsy rainbow sewing cards can be sewn and re-sewn with a different color of yarn to keep things fresh. For kids 3+ ($15)
- Fancy French sewing kit for kids offers older children all the sewing supplies they will need to create dozens of projects. It's a basket full of inspiration. 6+ ($63)
- Ann Williams has a great learn to sew kit this classic kit has starter projects like felted animals to get your kids up and running. Ages 7+ (get 10% off with code SAVE10)
- Artika felt sewing kit is terrific for kids who love to create. This offers ideas and instructions to keep them engaged and offline. Ages 8+ ($29.99)
- Darn Good Yarn cross stitch kit These simple projects can be completed in an afternoon. It'll give your kiddos a great sense of accomplishment. 6+ ($12) (Save 20% on all kits with code DOGOOD until 8/31.)
- Stitched spirelli keychains project kit. This kit is part design, part sewing. Make five unique zipper pulls and keychains using two cool techniques - stitching and spirelli string art! Great for boys and girls ages 9+ ($24.95)
- Easy felt purse sewing kit for kids can be a fun playdate to do with a friend. Includes 6 felt purses, sew on accessories, strings and 6 safety needles. 6+ $17.99
- Woodland Animals Sewing Kit Animal Sewing Kit that teaches the timeless and dying art of hand sewing and creative play. 6+ ($22.49)
- Button sewing kit. This Etsy kit is gives kids basic skills they will need for life. And it's so cute! The kit includes one embroidery ring and fabric, a blunt tip needle, a strand of white yarn and 7 big buttons. The yarn measures approximately 6 feet long. Ages 4+ ($16.95)
Ready to get sewing? Let us know what kit you get and send some photos. Once your kids get the sewing bug, we have some tips to get kids sewing and quilting here. Sewing is a real gift for life, it teaches you and your kids about about perseverance.
MORE KID-CENTRIC FUN FROM MOMTRENDS
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.