I'm going to give myself a little pat on the back. I've survived the first month of this very unusual school year. I've found a few things have been helping me out as my girls take on a split of in person and remote learning. Here are some finds to make distance learning easier.
Six Simple Ways to Make Distance Learning Easier
Sometimes you can shop your way out of problems. Here are some solutions to learning from home that you can order online.
- Well Kept wipes are ideal for cleaning screens of all types, phones, laptops and ipads. I buy them in multi-packs and dole them out frequently. Get them in bundles here.
- Mr. Pen Erasers (set of 6) These erasers come with a cute little cover. The roller feature is genius for cleaning up messes created from "new math." The are the only thing keeping me sane as a most unwilling 7th grade math teacher. Size Is 2.3 Inch x 1.2 Inch. Get your Mr. Pen Erasers on Amazon here $6
- Etsy cord taco. We have so many cords in our house. The current count is five laptops and five mobile phones, not to mention the earbuds and other accessessories. To keep them organized, we use these cute cord tacos I found on Etsy and we label everyone's gear with Mabel's Labels. $8 for a set of two tacos.
- Olika Hand Cleaner. Olika hand sanitizers are part of our STAY HEALTHY plan. Unlike the disposal masks I see everywhere on the ground (what a bummer), I’m looking for options that are safe and sustainable. These Olika sanitizers are made sustainably and are refillable. I love them because they comes in great scents AND the girls actually like using them. Get them on Amazon here.
- Brother Label Maker. My rule? Label everything. The lightweight, portable P-touch CUBE Plus PT-P710BT uses Bluetooth wireless technology to design and print pre-designed or custom labels up to 24mm (~1 inch) wide from your Apple or Android mobile device or desktop. We've labeled all the school folders with each subject AND file folders too. Get the label maker on Amazon here.
- Daily Planner Printable. The girls are task driven, they love crossing things off the list. I found these printables and we use them every day as we are mapping out what needs to happen. Get your download here on Etsy.
We Found The Best Portable Blender for Smoothies
Our family runs on smoothies. The whir of a blender is our morning serenade. With a house full of athletes, we need a blender that can keep up with us. I'm thrilled to say we found the best portable blender for smoothies--you've got to check out the BlendJet 2. Related: Brain ...read more
How to Style a Blanket Coat for Fall
Jeans and boots have become a cornerstone of my fall wardrobe. I've been looking for a cozy way to update my fall outfits and it was as easy as adding a layer. Try a blanket coat this autumn to stay warm in style. Related: The coolest sunglasses for moms right now Cozy Up With a ...read more
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
Two Bonus Support Tools for Moms
- Distance Learning Support Class for Moms. Healthy Equation's Learning Lab is offering a new mini course to help parents thrive in the new world of digital learning from home. With 5 lessons filled with activities and preparation guides, you’ll have everything you need to start this semester on the right foot. Sign up now and lock in this $97 price.
- Ban.do Planner. I love my planner and now I've got my girls hooked too. We like the stickers included in the colorful Ban.do planners. The 17 Month 2020-2021 Large Daily Planner includes self-care prompts, stickers, goals and tons of cool art. Get your planner here on Amazon.
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Get organized with Mabels Labels
- Five ways to put a positive spin on back to school
- Best desks for kids
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.