Here at Momtrends we are crazy about dinosaurs. Over the years, we've noticed a trend, our most popular birthday party theme of ALL TIME is the dino birthday bash. To help you throw and amazing party, we've recreated one of our top craft, the dinosaur egg. Here's how to make your own dinosaur egg for an awesome craft at your next party.
Related: Throw a dinosaur birthday party
To help on this project, we enlisted master crafter Karimah Henry from the site craftingafunlife.com.
If you haven't checked out her site before do it ASAP. Karimah came up with a list of supplies and step-by-step instructions for creating this cool craft.
Paper Mache Dinosaur Egg Supplies
- Balloon -12in (one per egg)
- Newspaper (shredded into long strips)
- Shallow dish
- White paint
- Foam brush
- White spray paint (optional)
- Colored paint (adding decoration is optional)
Simple and small facial steamer
Does your skin need a boost this winter? This little skincare device doesn't take up much space and delivers a natural way to enhance your skin. I love it for teens and tweens as well. This simple and small facial steamer makes a great gift for anyone who loves to do facials at ...read more
When is the Best time to Get a Teen Debit Card?
Raising kids to be money smart isn't easy. I want my girls to be savvy and independent, but I don't want to give them too much freedom all at once. I'm testing out the new Greenlight debit card as a way to transition them to becoming money savvy adults. Head to Greenlight here ...read more
Keep Your Hands and Feet Warm with Canada's Most Loved Handwarmers
For all the folks out there with cold hands and toes, I have a solution that is both effective and sustainable! And, of course, it comes from a mom. Aurora heat is a small brand out of the Northwest Territories of Canada. Using sustainably resourced beaver pelts, they have ...read more
Paper Mache Dinosaur Egg Directions
- Start by mixing 1 part flour and 2 parts water in a shallow dish to create the paste.
- Next, blow your balloon up to the desired size.
- Place your balloon in a bowl that is large enough to keep it stable but small enough that it doesn't get stuck inside.
- Dip each strip into the paste and use your fingers to remove the extra liquid. Now place it on the balloon.
- Layer the balloon with the strips until it’s completely covered.
- Let it dry overnight.
- After the egg is dried completely, cut off the balloon tails.
- Make a slit in the egg then place the dinosaur inside.
- Apply strips with the paste to cover the hole then allow it to dry.
- Finally, paint the eggs white. You can also use different color paint to add circles to the white egg.
Once you've got your eggs done, display them around the party as prehistoric finds. And remember, this craft doesn't have to be created for a party, it's also a great rainy day project.
MORE BIRTHDAY PARTIES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cinderella Royal Ball Magical Princess Birthday Party
- Indoor Camping Party
- Camping Themed Birthday Party
- LEGO Birthday Party
Be sure to follow our Kids Birthday Party board on Pinterest for more party inspiration.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.