Here at Momtrends we are crazy about dinosaurs. Over the years, we've noticed a trend, our most popular birthday party theme of ALL TIME is the dino birthday bash. To help you throw and amazing party, we've recreated one of our top craft, the dinosaur egg. Here's how to make your own dinosaur egg for an awesome craft at your next party.
Related: Throw a dinosaur birthday party
To help on this project, we enlisted master crafter Karimah Henry from the site craftingafunlife.com.
If you haven't checked out her site before do it ASAP. Karimah came up with a list of supplies and step-by-step instructions for creating this cool craft.
Paper Mache Dinosaur Egg Supplies
- Balloon -12in (one per egg)
- Newspaper (shredded into long strips)
- Shallow dish
- White paint
- Foam brush
- White spray paint (optional)
- Colored paint (adding decoration is optional)
Getting Back Quality Time with Family Game Night
Slowing down is a key to happiness. This is something that is both obvious but still very hard to do - especially with our busy lives. During a recent interview with happiness expert, sociologist and parent educator, Dr. Christine Carter I learned some tips on how to focus on ...read more
The Benefits of Creating a Family Fitness Routine
We all know that kids learn best when we model behaviors for them. We can talk all we want about sharing, eating healthy and being kind, but when they see us living these values, they respond. The same goes for fitness. When we make health a priority for ourselves, the kids will ...read more
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Paper Mache Dinosaur Egg Directions
- Start by mixing 1 part flour and 2 parts water in a shallow dish to create the paste.
- Next, blow your balloon up to the desired size.
- Place your balloon in a bowl that is large enough to keep it stable but small enough that it doesn't get stuck inside.
- Dip each strip into the paste and use your fingers to remove the extra liquid. Now place it on the balloon.
- Layer the balloon with the strips until it’s completely covered.
- Let it dry overnight.
- After the egg is dried completely, cut off the balloon tails.
- Make a slit in the egg then place the dinosaur inside.
- Apply strips with the paste to cover the hole then allow it to dry.
- Finally, paint the eggs white. You can also use different color paint to add circles to the white egg.
Once you've got your eggs done, display them around the party as prehistoric finds. And remember, this craft doesn't have to be created for a party, it's also a great rainy day project.
MORE BIRTHDAY PARTIES FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cinderella Royal Ball Magical Princess Birthday Party
- Indoor Camping Party
- Camping Themed Birthday Party
- LEGO Birthday Party
Be sure to follow our Kids Birthday Party board on Pinterest for more party inspiration.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.