March is traditionally a month when we think about green--spring is on the way and it's also home to St. Patrick's Day. This got me thinking of fun ways to GREEN UP the breakfast spread in my house. Then I found out that March 2nd is Dr. Seuss's birthday, well, that inspired me to round up ten outrageous ideas for your green eggs and ham breakfasts. It's time to play with our food!
Ten Fun Green Breakfast Ideas
I've scoured my favorite resources for healthy and delicious recipes that kids will love. They all involve the color green, and they are all sure to please the grown ups and the kiddos at the table.
- Green Pancakes: These light and pretty pancakes use spinach to give them this great color. Top with fruit and Greek yogurt! Get the recipe for spinach-pancakes-recipe from Weelicious here.
- Hulk Waffles: Like everything else on this list, there's only natural dye used. We like to top our Hulk Waffles with whipped cream, bananas and chocolate--let me know how you like yours. Head here to find out about our green Hulk waffles.
- Best Green Smoothie: It's not a news flash that kids love smoothies. This one is loaded with fruit to sweeten up the spinach. Get our delicious green smoothie recipe here.
- Spinach Cake Muffins: Yum! These baked treats are also from Catherine McCord, the co-founder of the popular Weelicious site. Head here to get the spinach cake muffin recipe.
- Avocado Toast: This one is classic and quick--only five ingredients. Get our Avocado Toast recipe here.
- Green Eggs and Ham Cups: With some help from fresh herbs like parsley and chives, you won't need nasty green dye to get your eggs Dr. Seuss green. Plus this recipe is low carb. Thank you to The Yummy Muffin for this Green Eggs and Ham Cups recipe.
- Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Fritatta: Make perfect little mini frittatas for the kids. These bites are great for breakfast, lunches and even dinner. Get the fritatta recipe from Scatttered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom here.
- Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Pizza: Speaking of breakfast for dinner, this fun idea from The Food Network is perfect for a night when you have no time, but still want to eat smart. Get the recipe here.
- Green Sweet Potato Pancakes: Another version of green pancakes, but this one is sweetened with yams. Yum! Head to Super healthy Kids for the recipe.
- Avocado Eggs: And finally, how cool is this recipe! Skip the bread and serve your protein right in the avocado. What a protein-packed breakfast! Get the recipe from Lilluna.com
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
Have a Green Morning
Which one will you try first? Breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day, but I often feel rushed to get out of the door to get to work, school and so on. I've tried to give you options that are super speedy and others that are for mornings when you have a bit more time.
The weekends are our time to slow down and take in the moments of family time where we usually enjoy long and delicious breakfasts. So whether you whip these up on March 2nd, March 17th or on a weekend, have fun playing with your food.
MORE FOOD FEATURES FOR YOUR FAMILY FROM MOMTRENDS
- Veggie Nugget Recipe from Weelicious
- The Smoothie Project Brings Easy and Colorful Nutrition to Families
- 10 Hearty Breakfasts to Feed Your Family in the Winter
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.