The WWF wants to empower everyone at home to be part of the efforts to ensure the future of a healthy and resilient planet. No single action is too small, and this Earth Day individuals can and will continue go play an essential role in making a difference for both people and the planet. The site is an amazing resource for parents--I encourage everyone with kids to click over today.
As individuals across the globe stay home to do their part to help stop the spread of the virus, Earth Day reminds us that the need to protect human and planetary health has never been greater.
Here are a few ideas to get engaged in Earth Day from home:
- 50 Actions for the Planet: We’ve created a guide that is made up of simple and achievable everyday actions that can start a wave of meaningful change. From choosing sustainable products, to making the most of your ingredients to reduce food waste, the guide provides 50 simple ideas to keep individuals engaged in protecting the planet on Earth Day and beyond.
- #ArtForEarth: During the week of April 20th, WWF is inviting people to create art pieces that show their passion for nature and share their art with the digital world on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter using the hashtag #ArtForEarth. Throughout the week, WWF will share some of our favorite pieces on our social media accounts to our millions of followers (Instagram/Twitter: @World_Wildlife and Facebook: @WorldWildlifeFund). The campaign’s mission is to foster a virtual community of creative expression and help unify, inspire, and connect individuals to one another and to the planet during an immensely challenging time throughout our world.
Each day of the week will have a new theme to guide artwork:
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Women’s Ski World Cup Returns to Killington 2021
In our house, we celebrate the arrival of winter, and we love girls who ski fast! I'm so excited that World Cup skiing is returning to the East Coast. Killington 2021 Women’s Ski World Cup Tickets are on sale now. We attended the races two years ago and the experience was ...read more
Opening Days for Colorado Ski Resorts
Today I put the snow tires back on my SUV, and that means ski season is coming. In fact, I can see snow at the top of Lincoln Peak here in Sugarbush. And there's more news, out West, they are already open at A-Basin. Here's the scoop on openings as you start to plan your ski ...read more
- Monday, April 20: Wildlife
- Tuesday, April 21: Freshwater
- Wednesday (Earth Day), April 22: One Planet
- Thursday, April 23: Food
- Friday, April 24: Forests
- Saturday, April 25: Climate
- Sunday, April 26: Oceans
And here's one last idea: Saturday, June 26th is the Great American Camp Out. A time to sleep under the stars and dream big dreams. Mark your calendar for this chance to unplug and reconnect with your family. You can also do an indoor camping party. Check out the details here.
MORE GREEN LIVING IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Tips on how to reduce reuse and recycle this Earth Day
- Educate and inspire easy Earth Day crafts activities
- Becoming a Junior Park Ranger
Need more ideas on what to do with the kids? Be sure to follow our Activities to Do with the Kids board on Pinterest here.